CB750: Should I buy it?

dorifto240

does it have a title, in the current owners name, with matching vins?

No, it was bought as part of an auction lot. He sent me the VIN, and the State of Ohio has no record of it.

Thanks for the input everybody, and Hwilli; I'll make a decision this week. If I don't get it, it's all yours to go after.

I used to buy just about anything still up on two wheels, if it was a dollar a cc or less.

But I generally tore the engine and transmission down immediately. (And everything else.)

But geez... that's an old bike... and there's still a lot of them around in people's garages.

edit: I seriously like the Honda F models. I could go for an old 750F or 900F.

Edited by ReconRat

I have a nice CB750K5 and have scoured for parts, etc.

- If the original 4 into 4 pipes are still there, that's an easy $300 even if they need patched.

- Badges and such, if in good shape, bring good money also.

- Chrome that isn't pitted is $$$

- The tank and side panels are $$$ if in any kind of shape.

- The seat is an easy $100 if it isn't ripped.

Let me know if you don't buy it!

• Upvote 1

That's still not cool, he still should have said something about there being a ready seller behind you and you can either pull the trigger or pass. First come first serve if you aren't just a tire kicker, but oh well, nothing you can do about it now. Good luck finding another, and there will be another don't worry, plenty of people need to make some money especially in the economy now.

That's still not cool, he still should have said something about there being a ready seller behind you and you can either pull the trigger or pass. First come first serve if you aren't just a tire kicker, but oh well, nothing you can do about it now. Good luck finding another, and there will be another don't worry, plenty of people need to make some money especially in the economy now.

first one to show me money takes it home - fuck anything else

"ill be up saturday to get it, cash in hand"

diff guy calls me friday night at 10pm cash in hand ready to purchase it, i say come on over and take it away

call back saturday guy say sorry

not holdin nothin in this economy, let alone with all the tire kickers out there

first one to show me money takes it home - fuck anything else

"ill be up saturday to get it, cash in hand"

diff guy calls me friday night at 10pm cash in hand ready to purchase it, i say come on over and take it away

call back saturday guy say sorry

not holdin nothin in this economy, let alone with all the tire kickers out there

I would still tell the first guy to either get it now or not, at least give him a chance, if he couldn't make it for whatever reason then yes to the second guy. Only if they seemed legitimately interested though. Just different ways of doing business I guess.

I have been interested and ready to pay up on quite a few different things, but one thing or another has prevented me from doing so immediately and I have gotten screwed out, If I would have known I was going to lose out, then I would have made time but I was never informed until I was ready to come out, sucky way to find out.

I would still tell the first guy to either get it now or not, at least give him a chance, if he couldn't make it for whatever reason then yes to the second guy. Only if they seemed legitimately interested though. Just different ways of doing business I guess.

I have been interested and ready to pay up on quite a few different things, but one thing or another has prevented me from doing so immediately and I have gotten screwed out, If I would have known I was going to lose out, then I would have made time but I was never informed until I was ready to come out, sucky way to find out.

if it was a friend or somebody sure, or an OR member etc....but for some random craigslist people who will probably show up with half your asking price anyways, fuck no....different ways of doing things i suppose...ive had too many people "ready to buy" who were just tire kickers or retards...too many people have wasted my time

if it was a friend or somebody sure, or an OR member etc....but for some random craigslist people who will probably show up with half your asking price anyways, fuck no....different ways of doing things i suppose...ive had too many people "ready to buy" who were just tire kickers or retards...too many people have wasted my time

I agree with Tyler. 1st one to show up with my asking price, or what i'll take...it's theirs. No one else is gonna wait for you. Why wait for them? I would only wait for OR members or people i know.

I was selling a car a while back. I was asking 1200$ for a 99 grand am that ran perfectly, had air, and heat...and looked pretty descent. To get it gone, i would have taken 1100$. This guy and his wife showed up...asked, and i said 1100...bottom line...no less.

They test drive the car, and both agree they want the car. As we're going to the BMV....i get a call from the husband asking if i can pull over. He gets out of the car, and then explains to me...someone had gotten into his wife's purse and stole some of her money. I get a "sorry" and they drove off.

Wtf? :wtf: You couldn't have figured this shit out before you came down? I mean...i understand stuff like that happens...but double check things...and make sure you ready to handle what you need 2...before getting to said place.

I sold it the next day i believe, but just a big damn waste of time. Some people irritate the shit out of me.

Edited by NightRider

^^ They were keeping $1200 (assuming) on them and weren't paying attention to it? If I carry anymore than $150 I am constantly checking on it! That sucks though, I haven't had many bad experiences yet so I tend to be a little more lenient, that all might change if I have as many shitty experiences as you guys seem to have had haha

^^ They were keeping $1200 (assuming) on them and weren't paying attention to it? If I carry anymore than $150 I am constantly checking on it! That sucks though, I haven't had many bad experiences yet so I tend to be a little more lenient, that all might change if I have as many shitty experiences as you guys seem to have had haha

I have no clue. The wife appeared to be crying in the car...but who knows. I hate the people of CL...i'm sorry. When i sell something, i'm as descriptive as possible...so there's no surprises. I lay it all out. Good, bad. I list what i need for it, and say the price is firm. I remember selling another car about 3 years ago, asking 2k. Many emails, asking if 800,900$ will buy it. And at least 2 people showing up and doing the same. :nono:

I never have a problem selling anything, it's just the retards you have to weed out. It's part of the process that i hate.