Toolkit missing...

ReconRat

I wondered why the 2007 919 didn't have a toolkit, but the 2002 919 did. Well, Honda doesn't put one in the bike anymore. (It was the last year, maybe they just didn't do it.) There is only an allen wrench and the helmet strap thingy. Guess I'll order up a shock spanner and a spark plug wrench and throw in my own selection of tools.

so what all do people think they can't live without in a mini toolkit?

I have my own ideas, but wondered what wisdom was out there...

Unique tools:

Spanner, Pin (rear shock) 890202-KY1-700 $12.71

Wrench, Plug (16.5) 89216-MAT-000 $10.18

Handle (12mm) 99006-12000 $2.22

Everything else is common. 5mm hex wrench, pliers, screwdrivers (8in1).

Wrenches or sockets: 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 22mm, 27mm.

Maybe the torx socket that fits the brake calipers...

My rear axle is a pain without a crescent wrench to hold the axle for the 27mm socket.

So I add one of those big enough to do that.

I always have zip ties and tire kit and flashlight anyway, but if they fit in there, ok.

Unique tools:

Spanner, Pin (rear shock) 890202-KY1-700 $12.71

Wrench, Plug (16.5) 89216-MAT-000 $10.18

Handle (12mm) 99006-12000 $2.22

Everything else is common. 5mm hex wrench, pliers, screwdrivers (8in1).

Wrenches or sockets: 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 22mm, 27mm.

Maybe the torx socket that fits the brake calipers...

My rear axle is a pain without a crescent wrench to hold the axle for the 27mm socket.

So I add one of those big enough to do that.

I always have zip ties and tire kit and flashlight anyway, but if they fit in there, ok.

damn macgyver, pack everything lol....my toolkit consists of a AAA card, atleast when im on a bike with no storage, not trying to cram a ton of tools into it

damn macgyver, pack everything lol....my toolkit consists of a AAA card, atleast when im on a bike with no storage, not trying to cram a ton of tools into it

Note to self: add one AAA card... Does AMA do roadside? (edit: my insurance probably does roadside.)

My tools consist of a cell phone, $200 in cash, and a prayer that the cellphone works when I run into problems. I figure if the bike breaks while I'm out, there's not going to be a toolkit small enough to fit in my bike that will fix what needs to be fixed...

when did recon finally give in to his age and buy a harley?

that will never happen... although I would ride any Harley with dual discs up front. Like an XR1200 would be interesting, if it weren't so heavy. And have a small fuel tank. And a small headlight. And a belt drive. But it's a start...

art you are going to need alot of plastic sheeting to protect all that gear from the rain that fallows you every where

nah, there's a couple of ways to deal with rain.

This is one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4VajcAWBG0cwDBsTXRurwnHXsjTwJmeW2nU46UczWpTzSFus&t=1&usg=__sRRrNOJfgA35VNXLuwKmaHDKqBQ=

This is another:

ux_a09011600ux0038_ux_g02.jpg&t=1

I think that one will fit your bike, Gen...