networking: mac and pc

natedogg624

so this is our current dilema in my household, we have 3 macs and 3-5 pc's. all the mac's can see each other of course very easily, all the pc's can see each other very easily as well. we just got to the point tonight where the pc's can now see the mac's on the network and our specific shared folders.

however, our mac's cannot see the pc's shared folders, we can't even see the pc's in the network at all. we've tried connecting straight to the pc via the smb thing and it won't connect. the pc's have a workgroup, but how can i join a workgroup in mac, i remember seeing it before, but for some reason i can't find it anymore within my mac.

6 guys living in our house. two of the guys have laptops and desktops.

You have enough computers, just too many guys.

I have only ever done one at a time (one mac and one pc), so unless you want to do them all one at a time then I really can't help. If you do, here it is:

If its OS X there should be 3 inputs, the workgroup, name, and password. You need to provide whatever the name of the windows user and password along with the workgorup name.

-edit-

^^ Hmm, much fancier than my description, use that.

if you're trying to access vista or windows 7 good luck.

I've never been able to get my xp computer or ubuntu to access my vista one. but my vista one see's everything even linux.

I've followed all the steps on the net I could find. so far none of them work. I ended up using a damn usb thumbdrive lol

Edited by serpentracer