$11,599.99 for a 2011 GSXR 600?

DTM Brian

If you HAVE to buy new, leftover's are great...if they have what you want.

IMO, I never buy new on a luxury item. I bought my '06 R1 in December of 2006. The guy only put on 1600 miles!! Bought it for $8500. I was at a dealership a month before and they wanted a brand new R6 for over $10k.

There are deals out there...just have to be patient.

But back on topic, Supply and Demand will bring the prices back down soon. Not to 1999 prices, but demand will slow, so R&D $ will slow, models will not update every 2 years, costs will then go down since the R&D is spread over more years/vehicles, prices will go down as they fight amoungst themselves for your purchase, then it'll cycle all over again. If you're going to buy new, wait a couple of years.

Don,

Are we sure that this is the 1K or the 750? Earlier in the 2000s, MV pushed out some F4 750s, and they are still selling in the 7-8.5k range. Point being, that's a good deal for an F4 1000, but I'd pass if it's a 750.

I agree on the used exotics approach... Now if I could only score a decent RC8 for 7k:D

You can get a 2011 Ducati Monster 695 for like $8500

You can get a Sportster 883 for under that price, assuming the goal was complete suck for HP, performance, and crap componentry...

Don,

Are we sure that this is the 1K or the 750? Earlier in the 2000s, MV pushed out some F4 750s, and they are still selling in the 7-8.5k range. Point being, that's a good deal for an F4 1000, but I'd pass if it's a 750.

I agree on the used exotics approach... Now if I could only score a decent RC8 for 7k:D

Valid point. I was just throwing it out there for reference. If I was getting one it'd definitely be the 1000 and they are in the range of 8-12k

If you HAVE to buy new, leftover's are great...if they have what you want.

IMO, I never buy new on a luxury item. I bought my '06 R1 in December of 2006. The guy only put on 1600 miles!! Bought it for $8500. I was at a dealership a month before and they wanted a brand new R6 for over $10k.

There are deals out there...just have to be patient.

But back on topic, Supply and Demand will bring the prices back down soon. Not to 1999 prices, but demand will slow, so R&D $ will slow, models will not update every 2 years, costs will then go down since the R&D is spread over more years/vehicles, prices will go down as they fight amoungst themselves for your purchase, then it'll cycle all over again. If you're going to buy new, wait a couple of years.

Actually, if R&D slows down and the cycle of technology slows down, that means that demand is down and guess what? Less bikes produced (like currently) and therefore, the need for more money to offset the costs to run the companies.

Low demand isn't going to reduce prices and make it easy on everyone to buy stuff. It'll go the opposite.

As stated and supported by other posts, until the dollar gains some traction, it's going to be an uphill battle that isn't going to get easier any time soon. We may flatten out, but it ain't going to be anywhere like it was before any time soon. It's going to take years...