Dragway 42 Test and Tune 10/12

TSB67

Made 24 passes at my leisure - crowd was light. Unfortunately my best was still an 11.0 on a 2.0 60ft. Had a full tank of gas this time, not sure how much that hurts. Of interesting note, I tried running with the fork rebound screws closed based on the "dead weight" theory of the strappers, and it made for big power wheelies in the top third of first gear. Opened the screws back up and that calmed it back down. Back to the drawing board - at least I got comfortable short-shifting to second WOT with the front wheel in the air.

Still running full track height. Was bidding on Casper's lowering link auction, but then I learned that I need special brackets to strap with the radial-mount calipers. Forget that, I'm not spending $200+ to try it for a few passes.

• 4 months later...

42 is still a better strip than Marion County Raceway or its more common name "La Rue". 42's race surface has been upgraded in the last 5 or so years, but the pit road is still shit...hard to keep a vehicle clean.

Norwalk "Summit" is a fine track, but your lucky to get 2 or 3 runs in on a normal night...I have seen nights were you get 1 and that is it.

I dunno if prices have changed from last year(check the website), but $12, and you have to have a helmet, long sleeves, long pants, and gloves. No shorts, no T-shirts.

You're supposed to have boots too, but I've seen them let it slide.

Thanks. I guess I could have just checked the website. duh.

• 3 weeks later...