Good Story to read

flounder

Yeah Im posting this because we all ride without gear. Im not going to preach or anything like that but its still something to read. I used to bitch at Shawna for not wearing her jacket on hot days and she just laughed about it and said it was too hot out. Well, she got thrown off the back of my dirtbike this past fall and got some road rash on her back.. Guess what. She wont ever ride without fucking gear again, just ask her.. Its sad that it actually takes an accident for any of us to come to the realization that hot leather is better then infected shreaded flesh.

http://www.speedfreakinc.com/safety/extreme_roadrash_cause_effect_and_lesson_learned.html

To each their own but still something to think about.

Leather is not a must. There are several Mesh options that are very good.

Yes I have crash tested the Joe rocket Ballistic Mesh and even though I really didn't slide after my 40 mph eject the jacket did it's job and hell i still use it since you can barely tell it touched the ground.

Why people think leather is the only option I have no idea.

The only true mark I have gotten on my upper body in a crash was in leather (no not a reason just an FYI). I had a T-Shirt on and leather jacket with body armor.

When my elbow hit my arm moved inside the jacket and the jacket ripped off the first few layers of skin. Now it was just a burn mark like you get sliding into 2nd base with shorts or something.

For those who want protection I highly sugges getting a Mesh jacket with body armor. They are very inexpensive 1/4 of the price as leather jackets.

I always wear one or the other and months June-August is generally the Mesh

Damn, this story is years old. As soon as I saw her face I remembered her. I think Im her myspace friend, anyway...

I always wear my gear. I dont care if people think its goofy that I wear a one piece suit on the street. Ive wrecked with, and without protection. My wreck at 25mph when I was 16 and being stupid hurt ALOT and my left elbow was all torn up.... Wreck at 70mph at Mid-Ohio this past season with all my gear on really wasnt bad at all. I was actually back out oon the track 45min later, no cut or scrapes... one very small bruise the next day. Not too bad.

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine last summer. In his case, she pulled him off. Neither had ANY gear on...helmets either. I scrambled to the ER to see her mangled body.....his too. Was not a pretty sight.

think i get more enraged everytime i see a motorcyclist riding without a helmet.

the worst is when you see them riding with the helmet locked up on the back.

darwinism in action IMO.