My diy helmet strap holder.

RSparky

idk if anybody has this problem, but I do on my Exo-400. With the strap snapped onto the little button thing, it makes a big loop, which catches air and funnels it straight up the left side of the helmet. Tis rather annoying. I don't like to just let it hang either, because it whips around all crazy like. Shoving it into my jacket is annoying when I turn my head. But, shoving it up into the helmet works! Until it falls out...

In order to keep it up in there, I just took a sliver of some nylon strap, and sewed it into a loop that fit nicely over my helmet strap. After buckling it in the D ring, the idea is that I'll just slide it up into the loop, which will carry the weight, and keep it out of my way. I put the pictures on facebook, so we'll see if they work here...

73289_10150275119760461_646535460_15050428_282694_n.jpg

67538_10150275120015461_646535460_15050431_4991937_n.jpg

Good goat thinking. I think my dirt helmet has something like that that I don't use. Never noticed any air deflection snapping my street helmet - old one didn't have that snap, and that thing would slap the hell out of me if I didn't tuck it in.

Yah, i had that too. Put a really thin strip of foam under the rubber lip all the way around. I even cut some small strips for the sides. Cut it from a 2x2x36 in. strip made to seal up windows w/ air conditioners I got from Wal-mart. Its soft and plushy, but still seems pretty durable.

The hard part was cutting it into nice straight lines.

max check this out..

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=57

may help cuz I have the same problem as you. I was thinking of ordering one. I havent yet

I've got that on my Scorpion. It helps a lot with the wind coming up. Most noticable on cold days or if you get behind someone kicking up dust/debris. Regardless, the Scorpion still let's in a lot of air, but it's a noticable difference. Overall it's worth it.

I've never noticed Sparky's issue though. Not sure if it's b/c the skirt or not.

max check this out..

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=57

may help cuz I have the same problem as you. I was thinking of ordering one. I havent yet

I shoulda put one of those on a few years ago. My vents are all busted up (weird since i've never dropped it) and I'm stepping up to a Shoei this Christmas.

I've heard those help though.