Piano moving dolly

mrbret

those are hard to find anymore, a lot of the local music stores arent renting them out anymore because instead of using them for household use and small moving projects, people tend to use them for gigging out and destroy them. i will ask a guy i know who deals with a lot of music people in c-bus to see if he knows a place or someone who has one they are willing to lend out but i know their are 0 music stores in dayton that rent them anymore.

If it's just a upright piano get 3 of your friends and pick it up.

+1 true statement. Uprights dont require a dolly. They all have a peg on the backside that is used as a grip and on the front you lift under the keyboard. Ive probably moved 50 or so pianos while I worked for the moving company and we always used just 2 people on uprights unless they had to come up or down stairs then it was 3-4 people at most.

Baby grand pianos, we used a piano board and removed the legs and then straps to carry. Grand pianos are a completely different son of a bitch to move and I suggest hiring people that have the right equipment / skill to move them.