Michigan State Police objectively prove Harleys suck

Disclaimer

I have a hard time justifying a motorcycle for police duties in the northern states when they can't be used all year long. From limited yearly duty to officer safety I can't see how they are needed. A cruiser can be used as a weapon, not so much with a bike. A lot of stops require a cruiser on scene for transport of drivers who are illegal and most departments won't chase over 100 MPH. A skilled driver in a cruiser with lights on should be able to keep up with any motorcycle if the chase stays inside pursuit speeds, outside of pursuit speeds who cares if your vehicle can keep up, you’re not chasing anyway.

You obviously don't spend much time in Columbus. CPD rides year round, even in the snow. Can't do that on a sportbike.

You obviously don't spend much time in Columbus. CPD rides year round, even in the snow. Can't do that on a sportbike.

The detail shop I used to work at in clintonville cleaned a sheriffs bike all the time in the winter. Heated glove grips and a set of coverall type winter gear was all he had. Kinda crazy when the temps really dropped.