Martin Luther King Jr. Day

homewrecker

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... Giving me the "bigfinger." Nice. My feelings are hurt. Honestly, I am crying right at this moment as I type.

Well, there have been over 72 views of this thread and only a handful of respondants. So if I were you, I'd hold off on proclaiming "victory," on your public policy discussion here.

Anywho, you can go back to inbreeding because I am not going to debate this topic with you. It is obvious that your mental superiority is overwhelming and I just cannot tangle with an historical genius such as yourself. Your family must be proud of you.

So because I debate the facts over mlk's legacy I am labeled a racist. I'm pretty far from that. I just happen to disagree with holding a pathetic pervert and social degenerate to such a high standard. And I definately don't think he should have a day named after him. I would be perfectly cool with a civil rights day or something similar. But let the personal attacks continue since I must be an inbreeding racist most likely from the south who chews tobacco and tells men to squeal like a pig before raping them.

I try to keep my personal feelings off the board. Its usually better that way. However............

I see both sides...

MLK was a great human rights activist, regardless of whether he was black or white. Should there be a holiday just for him? No. I agree with it being changed to civil rights day.

I don't believe there should be a black history month. Its bullshit. If everything is supposed to be fair, then there shouldn't be a black history month without a white history month. History is history. Nobody should care what race was involved in what, just what humanity did as a whole. Civil rights history month, in which not only is the fight against slavery taught but also the jews' fight for freedom, etc. That has my vote.

If we're not supposed to have Christ in Christmas, why should we have MLK Day, black history month, etc? Fair for everyone, all colors and all religions.

Nobody deserves a job more than another because of sex or race. No race deserves their own holiday or month. No race deserves an exclusive scholarship fund. I could go on, but why waste my time. Long story short, racism is just like sexism. Shit was bad 40 - 50 yrs ago. No doubt. But times have changed. I know several black guys, and none of them are deprived of rights. They're all doing really good for themselves.

If you really want equal rights, the United Negro College fund, the NAACP, MLK Day, etc wouldn't exist. We don't have the United Caucasian College fund. That would be racist. We don't have the NAAWP, that would be racist. Get it? If anything, MLK day should be Lincoln day. He's the one that made it all possible.

Just as some don't believe in Christ, I'm going to start not believing in blacks. Blacks don't exist. Neither do whites, yellows, browns, etc. We're all humans. Everyone needs to start acting like it.

For those who this pisses off, I'm sorry. Like I said at the beginning, these are just my personal feelings. I'm 100% for equality. Real equality. I don't judge people by their color. I judge people by their actions.

I try to keep my personal feelings off the board. Its usually better that way. However............

I see both sides...

MLK was a great human rights activist, regardless of whether he was black or white. Should there be a holiday just for him? No. I agree with it being changed to civil rights day.

I don't believe there should be a black history month. Its bullshit. If everything is supposed to be fair, then there shouldn't be a black history month without a white history month. History is history. Nobody should care what race was involved in what, just what humanity did as a whole. Civil rights history month, in which not only is the fight against slavery taught but also the jews' fight for freedom, etc. That has my vote.

If we're not supposed to have Christ in Christmas, why should we have MLK Day, black history month, etc? Fair for everyone, all colors and all religions.

Nobody deserves a job more than another because of sex or race. No race deserves their own holiday or month. No race deserves an exclusive scholarship fund. I could go on, but why waste my time. Long story short, racism is just like sexism. Shit was bad 40 - 50 yrs ago. No doubt. But times have changed. I know several black guys, and none of them are deprived of rights. They're all doing really good for themselves.

If you really want equal rights, the United Negro College fund, the NAACP, MLK Day, etc wouldn't exist. We don't have the United Caucasian College fund. That would be racist. We don't have the NAAWP, that would be racist. Get it? If anything, MLK day should be Lincoln day. He's the one that made it all possible.

Just as some don't believe in Christ, I'm going to start not believing in blacks. Blacks don't exist. Neither do whites, yellows, browns, etc. We're all humans. Everyone needs to start acting like it.

For those who this pisses off, I'm sorry. Like I said at the beginning, these are just my personal feelings. I'm 100% for equality. Real equality. I don't judge people by their color. I judge people by their actions.

BRAVO SATAN! You couldn't have said it better Ben. You need to be in politics. You summed it all up in this post. Next thread please.:cool:

Anyone ever thought that if MLK hadn't been "assassinated" that there wouldn't even be talking about him?

While I'm on the subject, how important do you have to be for murder to become assassination?

"Things that make you go, hmmm......." - Arsenio Hall

I see both sides...

Well look at this! Ben, we finally can almost agree on something. this has got to be a first. At least in a while. I'm sure tomorrow or the next day we will find something to disagree on again but until then I am pleased we can find common ground.:D

I think you are assinated when a couple of things happen. First you have to be worth killing and second it has to be done from a distance with a nice rifle.

Next, who doesnt like white prostitutes? If I had the means I would definately get two or three of them, when I was in asia it was every white mans dream as they all had two or three asians prostitutes with them.

Everyone that I ever went to school with liked to copy a line or two from different books or articles. Seeing that plagarism is done in todays day in age when you can get every book or article ever written on a subject on the internet, it seems that it would have been a more common practice back then.

I have family that has been in trouble with the law before, so does that make me a criminal?

I never met the guy (Dr. King) so I will not pass judgement on him, but we all have skeletons in our closets

So because I debate the facts over mlk's legacy I am labeled a racist. I'm pretty far from that. I just happen to disagree with holding a pathetic pervert and social degenerate to such a high standard. And I definately don't think he should have a day named after him. I would be perfectly cool with a civil rights day or something similar. But let the personal attacks continue since I must be an inbreeding racist most likely from the south who chews tobacco and tells men to squeal like a pig before raping them.

Lets be clear. I never called you a racist.

.....Racism will never seize as long as there are days and groups celebrating certain races. In order to abolish it totally...there needs to be no such mention of any races in any form! Let's move on already from the past, instead of constantly trying to re-live it by tv channels based on certain ethnic groups, holidays, months, etc. It's all rediculous!

wow +1

.............. I judge people by their actions.

...also very well thought out...

The thing I find funny is that there is an acknowledged special day, special month, special group, etc, etc, etc, for absolutely every sex, race, religion, gay, lesbian, transgender, etc etc etc, but have you ever heard anything about a day or scholarship specifically for white males? Nope, because that would be racist or prejudice.. What a crock of shit,,,

I agree that the only way to elminate these issues is to eliminate these "special" days benifits, etc for everyone.

I think you are assinated when a couple of things happen. First you have to be worth killing and second it has to be done from a distance with a nice rifle.

i dont think distance has it. lincoln? i would say malice is more like it. you get shot because someone is robbing the bank youre in...murder. you get shot in the same bank because someone wants you dead....assasinated. although i would agree value of death plays a role as well.

What most of you fail to realize is everyday is white history day, white history month/year in schools. Every social studies class, history class, or anything that involves the past, is always about the white race. It may not be called "white history", but none of us need to smell shit to know it stinks. To institute one.....1 month, dedicated to the achievements of the black race isn't asking a lot. The reality of the whole thing is "gen y" doesn't know anything about black history. I know it's not being discussed in their homes, so if not forced to learn about it in school....where else does the knowledge come from? Right....right, you don't care eitherway...that's typical. I've read personal views of some on here as on other forums when it comes to race....I've also heard stories of others that use choice terminology amongst their own, hence the reason I stay away from them and threads like these. Therefore, the responses in this thread does not surprise me at all. For anyone that doesn't feel a man like MLK deserves a holiday for what he fought and stood for, doesn't really know what it is he actually did. I guarantee if you ask the majority about him, you'll get, "the I have a dream guy". It goes beyond a single speech. President's Day....That might as well be a white holiday....never been a black president, so you tell me(rhetorical). I typically find that it takes threads like this for some people to voice racial like issues(not calling anyone a racist...if you are,you know it) that they never have the chance to voice in an everyday setting. Never-the-less, I was off today thanks to him, I have the ability to post on this forum, thanks to him...I have two degrees, a great job, a house, and can buy anything I want (within my means), thanks to him...Happy MLK Day!!!!

Oh, btw, I have a white GF, too, thanks to him.

What most of you fail to realize is everyday is white history day, white history month/year in schools. Every social studies class, history class, or anything that involves the past, is always about the white race. It may not be called "white history", but none of us need to smell shit to know it stinks. To institute one.....1 month, dedicated to the achievements of the black race isn't asking a lot. The reality of the whole thing is "gen y" doesn't know anything about black history. I know it's not being discussed in their homes, so if not forced to learn about it in school....where else does the knowledge come from? Right....right, you don't care eitherway...that's typical. I've read personal views of some on here as on other forums when it comes to race....I've also heard stories of others that use choice terminology amongst their own, hence the reason I stay away from them and threads like these. Therefore, the responses in this thread does not surprise me at all. For anyone that doesn't feel a man like MLK deserves a holiday for what he fought and stood for, doesn't really know what it is he actually did. I guarantee if you ask the majority about him, you'll get, "the I have a dream guy". It goes beyond a single speech. President's Day....That might as well be a white holiday....never been a black president, so you tell me(rhetorical). I typically find that it takes threads like this for some people to voice racial like issues(not calling anyone a racist...if you are,you know it) that they never have the chance to voice in an everyday setting. Never-the-less, I was off today thanks to him, I have the ability to post on this forum, thanks to him...I have two degrees, a great job, a house, and can buy anything I want (within my means), thanks to him...Happy MLK Day!!!!

Im sure that this varies among different schools so when you said this I was actually trying to think back about what I was taught in history class. I can remember being taught about the mi'ans, (SP) Incas' american indians, slavery, tuskgeegee airman, MLK, rusians, asia, greece, norwegians, etc. I wouldnt say that it was just white history as you put it however, maybe one of the first goals to eliminate the knowledge divide that exists is to have an agree'd upon history curriculum which covers all areas equally. Unfortunately I dont know if there is time for this which is why schools tend to cover only major events and people that have impacted history in both positive and negative ways. Maybe we should be required to take more history classes then we do, I have no idea. Obviously if I wasnt taught something, then I dont even know what I have missed. Im sure that each ethnicity knows more about their history then I ever probably will. I think it would be safe to assume that the divide is due to lack of knowledge from all sides.

Wow...

Black history month is an EXTRA right, not equal or civil. Its bullshit. Get THAT through your head.

You can tell time has changed...MLK generation stood for something. Look at us now too lazy to stand up for anything ...except on the internet when you can bitch sitting down.In 50 years it will just be called history because everyone is to lazy to fight for anything. They'll just cry about it on internet.Its funny how I was brain washed as a kid to think a certain way about MLK ..and I was not told the turth.....Remember I went to private school w/ white teachers till high school.We did not have black history month in privte school they tought on a time table. So putty there are schools that teach history like they should "not based on a color"but just the history.

IMO there is more racism against white ppl than black.Evey night on fox someone is talking about whitie!!! We don't sue or have riots.I have been beat up by a black cop ...I didn't call a race card ...took it because I deserved <sp? it.

Putty what are you going to cry about if OBauma is pres? How is america so racist if we have a black guy running for pres?What if he wins all of the racism arguments will mean shit. Do you think he is going to change the way schools teach history?Bye the way ..saying your girl is white at the end there makes you look like a racist...who gives a fuk...and you should thank her white parents they are the ones that made her a person w/ no boundries on love.

Calll me what you will.I got kicked out of the Ruff Ryderz because I'm white.<<<<come on thats funny ...I guess if you new the situation you would giggle..wild-n-whitie!!!

You can tell time has changed...MLK generation stood for something. Look at us now too lazy to stand up for anything ...except on the internet when you can bitch sitting down.In 50 years it will just be called history because everyone is to lazy to fight for anything. They'll just cry about it on internet.Its funny how I was brain washed as a kid to think a certain way about MLK ..and I was not told the turth.....Remember I went to private school w/ white teachers till high school.We did not have black history month in privte school they tought on a time table. So putty there are schools that teach history like they should "not based on a color"but just the history.

IMO there is more racism against white ppl than black.Evey night on fox someone is talking about whitie!!! We don't sue or have riots.I have been beat up by a black cop ...I didn't call a race card ...took it because I deserved <sp? it.

Putty what are you going to cry about if OBauma is pres? How is america so racist if we have a black guy running for pres?What if he wins all of the racism arguments will mean shit. Do you think he is going to change the way schools teach history?Bye the way ..saying your girl is white at the end there makes you look like a racist...who gives a fuk...and you should thank her white parents they are the ones that made her a person w/ no boundries on love.

Calll me what you will.I got kicked out of the Ruff Ryderz because I'm white.<<<<come on thats funny ...I guess if you new the situation you would giggle..wild-n-whitie!!!

It should just be history. That's all it is.

Not only is Obama running, but he has a really good chance of winning! I honestly wouldn't mind. He wasn't my #1 pick, but I think he'd do a good job. I definitely don't want Hillary. Oh dear God that would suck balls. I'd probably move to Mexico. Their housing market and economy are running rampant right now.

To all blacks on this board: get over it. You're black. Nobody cares.

To all whites on this board: get over it. You're white. Nobody cares.

To all the other colors: get over it. Nobody cares.

I wish I was camo. That would be cool. Then I could hide naked in the woods. :lol:

First, I never said anyone was racist. The fact I pointed out I have a white GF was showing that because what MLK fought for made that possible. The fact I am able to do ANYTHING together with the majority is due to what he did. I am sure there are schools that teach differently than others, but I was speaking the education I have/had. I speak from fact, never speculation. More power to Obama for his run for Pres. He has a very good chance to win. However, that has nothing to do with MLK. Always living in the majority makes some ignorant to what other minorities, being ANY other race, not just black have to deal with when it comes to some things.