My VFR Fork Lights

Big Green Valley

This week I decided to add some additional lights to the front end. The idea behind this was:

1-I do a lot of night riding.

2-More visibility.

3-I wanted lights that turn with the steering.

I bought a set of fog lights for $40.00, a relay, a toggle switch and a rubber boot. I fabricated the brackets out of 22 gauge sheet metal. Total cost about $56.00.

Here's the result.

IMG_6103.jpgIMG_6104.jpg

IMG_6106.jpgIMG_6107.jpg

I just finished the job and everything works fine. Haven't test ridden the bike yet to adjust the aim.

Nice! That's a perfect location for them to create the "triangle of light", which is the best reason to have aux. lights IMHO....being noticed by left-turning dipshits trumps whatever fashion sense you lose by having lights on your forks.

I have a set of 3w LED's at that position, and I had a buddy ride my bike before and after while I rode my car in the opposite direction to see the difference, it's incredible what that little of an addition does for showing up to oncoming traffic.

Well, I like the placement and the light output. But the 22 gauge steel I used is not strong enough to support the lights. I purchased the sheet metal from a hardware store and didn't see anything thicker than what I bought.

Does anyone know of a local place I can purchase thicker material, either steel or aluminum?

Well, I like the placement and the light output. But the 22 gauge steel I used is not strong enough to support the lights. I purchased the sheet metal from a hardware store and didn't see anything thicker than what I bought.

Does anyone know of a local place I can purchase thicker material, either steel or aluminum?

Let me ask my welding buddy. He always has scrap laying around. What size are you looking for?