Anyone else ride to work the last couple of days?

Beegreenstrings

Rode yesterday and rode today!

Cold as fu@k in the mornings. I can take it all except my knees. Damn takes till about 7:30 - 8:00 for them to thaw out. :D

I travel to zanesville from blue rock up the river between 5:30 and 6 :nono:

fall it's cold and summer it is foggy...

Rode to work last night. This morning was chilly. You should get a pair of fleece or flannel lined jeans. My biggest problem is the faceshield fogging up. I'm thinking about getting the electric shield conversion kit or the dual pane shield kit for my Scorpion helmet.

Rode motorcycle to work Monday, bicycle to work today.

Why is that surprising?:D

Actually it was a little chilly and my hands were cold. But my commute is urban so speeds are low. And I have decent gear but no electrics.

I wanted to ride on the weekend but several inches of snow discouraged that attempt by this inexperienced rider.

Craig

Careful with the cold tires & dew boys & girls. The only reason I haven't been riding lately is that I crashed out in the gravel pit (SR 536) about a month ago & have been working on replacing the broken plastic & regrowing some rib bones. (My wife's not letting me on her Ducati yet either.)

Having kicked out sideways several times in weather like this, I'm a bit leery of trying to get out from this soggy wet area on a cold morning. Basically if there is frost or ice on the motorcycle cover, it's probably a bad idea for me. But Wednesday morning will be fine. And several more days also.

I've also noticed that cold wet tires can ice up from wind chill, when they start turning, before they start warming up from starts and stops. A surprise on the first turn or two. So it can be as warm as 36-38F, and the tires might freeze up and slip a bit (or a lot) if wet, for a first few hundred yards.

edit: Which is why I wish I had a liddle two fiddy dual sport for the Winter...

Edited by ReconRat

I rode to work and class yesterday (afternoon only) rode to work when their was frost on the car. Given my work commute is only five minutes from my house :D. Rode yesterday for two hours around the OSU area saw plenty of motorcycles out as well.

I've been riding to work this week. Cold as hell (that doesn't actually make any sense) in the morning, but perfect coming home. My only problem has been my gloves, leather with mesh on the side of my fingers for breathability. Great for when it's warm, not so much in 35 degrees.

I ride everyday, havent even started the car in about 2-3 weeks. Cold doesnt bother me at all, i wear tall socks with boots, long johns and pants(with holes), hoody, jacket and liner, leather gloves covered by large 60g insulated gloves, face mask, and a lid. i dont ever get the slightest bit cold.

ReconRat i kick it sideways any time of year ask any :)

Had to drive the truck today... Have trap league and cant figure out how to carry the Extrema and 400 rounds on the bike yet? actually brought two guns today... the extrema and the o/u and I am not taking the chance of something going wrong there.

I've ridden every day this week so far except I had some off-site meetings yesterday that I needed to stay in work clothes for. Cold in the AM but I have heated grips, I haven't added anything other than the zip out vest in my jacket. For me the most annoying part is faceshield fogging at stops.

I'm still riding in most days...33 miles,from Zanesville to Conesville.As long as it stays in the upper twenties or higher,I'll ride.No electrics,but I've been doing it long enough that I can stay comfortable down to a little below freezing.

Here's what works for me...Tamar silk/wool base layer,jeans-t shirt,Aerostitch wind blocker fleece sweater and over pants,Carhart insulated bibs,leather jacket,windtex gloves and silk liners,Cabela's heavy wool socks with liners and a Outdoor Research wind blocker fleece balaclava.Of course a full face helmet and riding boots top it off,it might sound like a lot to wear,but it's not bulky at all.

Daylight savings time really sucks...I used to enjoy the SR83-SR93 ride home,but now all of my riding is in the dark.Oh well.