Guy arrested for being responsible gun owner

Casper

Sad, but the constitution is a living document to be interpreted by anyone to say or not say anything they want it to say, right?

This isn't a case of interpretation of the constitution. Did you even read the link or are you just posting a copy and paste response to gun threads? Its about NJ gun laws and the odd selection of evidence/testimony by the judge.

I think its ridiculous and I hope he gets pardoned, its obvious he was moving between residences, even the police say so.

Seems that if a judge deflects or manipulates facts to make a political statement they should be removed from the bench otherwise we waste the time and money of the courts to indulge self interested judges with political agendas.

"It might even make some New Jersey gun owners wonder if they have more to fear from the state's ridiculous laws and overly aggressive cops and prosecutors than they do from criminals. Given what happened to Aitken, those fears wouldn't be unfounded." Good way to sum it all up & end the article.

Another axample of some law interperted in a way that make leagal gun owners criminal. It sucks.

New Jersey can make all the gun laws they want to but if this article is reporting correctly, this guy was prosecuted for a crime he couldn't commit. This appears to violate federal firearm transportation laws that a state can't override with their own law. This will be overturned or the article was not correct in all of the facts reported.

I was speaking on legal terms lol sounds like the guy has a little bad luck that follows him...probably wouldnt want to get illegal firearms...IMO what is the point of an illegal firearm unless he was going to commit a crime or it is a SHTF weapon and the zombies came ...he cant use it as home defense he would catch another good amount of time behind bars.. Judge: "Uh sir, you are not allowed to possess a firearm as you already have a felony on your record. Aitken: "Yes your honor I know but, Zombies are coming!" can you say One-way trip to the Looney Bin:crazy:

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

All of this applies only if you do not have a disability.

Is he still protected after he moves' date=' though? Seems like he'd been there a while, so the gun ought to have been put away by the time his mommy called the police. Maybe I don't understand the Fed law, though.[/quote']

From the articles I've read it seems like he was still in the process of moving his stuff into his final residence. Either way he got screwed.

• Upvote 1