Alright... Going Mac... Thoughts?

Moto-Brian

Ok, Mac guys... What do I need to look for on these iMacs? I see different GHz and obviously different memory, etc...

Best choice for mild graphics stuff and basic business (excel, word, etc)?

I was looking at 21.5", but for $300 and the same processors, memory, etc I can get 27"

As for the Macbook Pro, I really am not sure on a small 13.3" screen... But, the price jumps big to the 15.4"...

I've got a 15" MBP and my brother has a 13.3" MBP, really not too big of a difference. Go handle both of them at an Apple/Mac store and see for yourself.

what are you doing to your pc that malwarebytes and maybe one or two other virus scanner/spyware cleaners can't fix?

the worst i've had to do is boot into recovery mode and run a couple scanners and problem is fixed.

just curious, cause it seems pretty excessive to have to drop it off at a place for weeks at a time for a fix.

Is the entry level GHz good enough for speed?

it runs well enough that i don't get aggravated when running itunes/chrome/photoshop or fireworks on it all at the same time.

the only time i notice the slow speed is when im running parallels, which is when im running windows 7 within the mac os.

also my processor speed is 2.26Ghz with 2Gb of ram and im running this apps just fine, the new entry level is 2.4 w/4Gb of ram so im sure you will be fine for what you need to do with the portable laptop.

an upgraded hdd will help out with file recall speed, 7200 is very good for everyday use. don't buy direct from apple of course, any normal sata drive you see on newegg.com will work fine and install is a breeze.

what are you doing to your pc that malwarebytes and maybe one or two other virus scanner/spyware cleaners can't fix?

the worst i've had to do is boot into recovery mode and run a couple scanners and problem is fixed.

just curious, cause it seems pretty excessive to have to drop it off at a place for weeks at a time for a fix.

Trojan is not being able to be hammered with any scan program. Won't let me even start one...

Takes weeks due to buddy that does it for me. It's the price you pay to get it done from him, I guess... But, the deal is that this is year two with the computer and the second time I am sending i out and the other one with the Google and Yahoo search virus. Can't be found with any of the suggestions nor the three virus detection programs I have loaded...

I'm over it.