The Fed's going to give us $600+

Casper

Ok so i just browsed the story, who all gets the checks?

Evidently you did not browse that well

"Those who earn up to $75,000 individually or up to $150,000 as a couple will be eligible for the payments, said Republican and Democratic sources familiar with the tentative deal."

And both republicans and democrats are working to get it done.... so it isn't for votes. It more for confidence and to temporarily boost the economy.

How is it boosting the economy... Its doing no such thing.. Giving $600 to people does absolutely nothing for the economy. It may make them feel like the economy is better but it actually hurts the economy based on where the money is coming from.

How is it boosting the economy... Its doing no such thing.. Giving $600 to people does absolutely nothing for the economy. It may make them feel like the economy is better but it actually hurts the economy based on where the money is coming from.

The idea is the government gives you $600. You spend that money. That boosts the economy, temporarily. There are much larger problems at hand which everyone spending $600 isn't going to fix. The market has been way over inflated for a while. We need to let it adjust and just suck it up. But I'll take some free money.

I'm putting it all towards my credit cards.

thats exactly why this whole "stimulus" thing wont work, 90% of the people who get these checks will put them towards cc debt, and that wont help the economy. I dont think it wil hurt it either, so Im not complaining!

i dont even think this is a short term fix either. I dont think that it will change the economy one bit. Just cause im getting 600 bucks or whatever, it isnt gonna make me go out and buy a new car or whatever. Ill pay off a bill or 2 and then its all gone.