Super Cycle Weekend 2011 (7/8/11 - 7/10/11)

Casper

Yeah thunder valley wheelies after the 2nd race was awesome! We were back there with Apch8r, Blue###?, and myself.

Free leathers? Nice score, I don't even wanna know who you blew to get those. Wait, I don't give a shit, who was it so I can jump on next season?

Saw about everyone I had planned on today, and really got pumped up to ride Tuesday weather permitting. Stopped on the way home, got my trailer all loaded(minus bike, and gear), and ready to load tomorrow after working a double.

Heading back up Tuesday 6am to take the green at 9am sharp! LOL

GREAT superbike race too, damn that finish was nuts.

Had pit passes...1st in line sat. for autographs. We walked up and down the pits before fan walk and was able to get some nice pics of the bikes. Had a blast! Would like to know more about the national guard performance ride demo. I would love to go for a ride!

I went today, my girlfriend and I's first bike race. We had a blast, sat in the chicane (sp) t7 I think, lots of action. Kid beside me ended up with Eslick's left glove and let me pose for a pic with it. Man did we have a blast!

i actually enjoyed the ama race more than moto gp at indy. The venue, people, and with paddock passes how close you can get to the bikes/crew is awesome. Definitely going back next year. I watched two races from grandstand 2 so i could see the back straight down turn 7-10. Those guys were so fast its insane. Hearing the tires squealing and seeing them hoping as they went into turn 7. Crazy.

cooter! you were right behind theresa, junior, richard, nick and myself.. ACTUALLY thats me in the white shirt and camo shorts in that pic of eslick throwing the glove!

lol. That's cool wish I woulda known I would have said hey. Yeah we sat at the top of the hill there by that blue yamaha tent. That section of track had a lot of action. I was super excited to go and even more so when we got there. My fiance surprisingly had a blast too, she didn't think it would be that exciting. Man I was like a three year old meeting mickey mouse then the races started and it was even more fun than I anticipated. Next year we will definitely go both days probably camp.

We moved around for about every race so all points of the track were spectated - I liked the top of the grandstands for the elevated view of most everywhere between the exit of turn 1, the keyhole, backstraight and the esses before they drop into Thunder valley - some good passing in the draft and under braking on the straight - sportbike race 2 finish was schaweeet! Herrin went wide all day in the carosell trying to get a run on Eslick, but couldnt do much with it so Aquino came inside of him last lap then stole his line or Herrin bobbled just enough to fall from 2nd to 5th in about 100 yards - now he's got some work to do in the points - awesome wkend!! Didnt see a single OR shirt, sticker, anything......we stayed at Comfort Inn on Trimble Rd and 30, chatted with a Cleveland group and 5 guys from Michigan - nobody I talked to at our hotel were OR's, but we may end up with some new recruits now:D

Trimble and 30... unless it's exorbitantly more expensive, I'd suggest going one more exit west to Lex-Springmill next time. Or the I-71 / Rt 13 area.

Friends stayed around Belville? South off 42 somewhere but told me the ride to the track was far twistier - so we may reserve in that area next season. Price was fair enough on Trimble, $180 for the wkend (tax aside)

Belville would be the I-71/Rt 97 exit area... that's a more "countrified" atmosphere.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for

Lex-Springmill -- city of Ontario, very retail area (food, shops, etc -- longer commute to the track)

I-71/Rt 13 -- Lexington (they have a Walmart and some food establishments, decent area, closer to the track)

I-71/Rt 97 -- Belville area, probably as close to MidOhio as I-71/Rt 13, but it's farm country out there, so you're driving if you need supplies or to hit up some food places (likely heading into Lexington).

It's just all those areas are nicer then Rt 30/Trimble IMHO, but whatever works for you. Some people prefer to get into the grittier areas for a myriad of reasons, I'm not judging, but if you'd like somewhere nicer than where you did stay... those areas above would be better.

Twisted I was about to say, that was the couple sitting right in front of us. I had no idea the toss was that close, dang wish I had stayed but Thunder Valley was sooo cool(literaly temp wise) and never had seen the race from that viewpoint.

Yeah AMA is way more enjoyable than GP, more down to eart.

How about the guy that hit the trap twice same one, China Beach at the end of hte back straight, ended up partying on the top of the motorhome with the Ducati flags in the Esses. That was epic for sure.

That is why I spend so much time at the dirt track races vs. NAPcar, or Indy, or anything like that. They are way more down to earth people and you can actually drink beer with them after the race. I know, because I do, often, and often times too many.

This whole weekend we are going to 2 tracks with some of the top racers in our series and just kicking it non stop.

AMA = LOVE

I was rocking the or shirt in hopes someone would notice and introduce themselves. No one did so I felt like a lonely geek. Lol.

Were you over at turn 8 on sunday? I was up on the deck and saw someone with a shirt, but I didn't really feel like yelling at a stranger.

I SCORED! I got a FREE set of Technic leathers from Witchcraft Racing and Sportbike Track Gear. The races were awsome too.

who was there from that crew? Jeff's been doing a lot more riding than Eddie while Eddie's hand heals. i figure either of them could qualify for Daytona Sportbike if they wanted to, but it's probably not worth the coin to be a backmarker...

The leaders were in the :29's, and you needed to be ~1:35 to be in the top 20. I'm shooting for :39's (i think) the next time I ride Mid-O, but I bet Eddie and Jeff can get into the :35's, or better.

who was there from that crew? Jeff's been doing a lot more riding than Eddie while Eddie's hand heals. i figure either of them could qualify for Daytona Sportbike if they wanted to, but it's probably not worth the coin to be a backmarker...

The leaders were in the :29's, and you needed to be ~1:35 to be in the top 20. I'm shooting for :39's (i think) the next time I ride Mid-O, but I bet Eddie and Jeff can get into the :35's, or better.

Jeff, Brian Van, and Jake Arch ran Supersport, Kyle Wyman filled in on Kraft's bike in Sportbike.

Jeff got 9th on Sunday.

Wyman got 11th in Sportbike I believe.