Camp food: eggs on the fire

Casper

One of my favorite camp foods is breakfast. The problem, though, is how to cook eggs without bringing a pan. Easy. Oranges. Cut an orange in half. Eat the inside. Use the empty half bowl looking peel. Crack an egg, pour into the peel. Scramble it if you want. Set the peel and egg on some hot coals. In just a few minutes, you have an egg for breakfast with a hint of orange. It's good. Real good.

• Upvote 1

Another good way for omlets is to use zip lock bags. You do need a pot for this one.

1. put 2-3 eggs into zip lock

2. add whatever else (bell peppers, onions and what have you)

3. Close zip lock and drop into boiling water

Instead of just cooking them one at a time on a skillet your only limited to the size of your pot. Now everyone can make their own and eat at the same time. Bing bang boom breakfast served in less than 30 minutes.

One of my favorite camp foods is breakfast. The problem, though, is how to cook eggs without bringing a pan. Easy. Oranges. Cut an orange in half. Eat the inside. Use the empty half bowl looking peel. Crack an egg, pour into the peel. Scramble it if you want. Set the peel and egg on some hot coals. In just a few minutes, you have an egg for breakfast with a hint of orange. It's good. Real good.

Never thought of that. Have you done this or just what you've read?

McDonald's drive thru. Done.

+1 Mc D's breakfast rocks!!

Never thought of that. Have you done this or just what you've read?

+1 Mc D's breakfast rocks!!

Done it many times. Discovered it in Boy Scouts. We had to spend a weekend without pans, stoves or utensils. It was awesome. Learned to cook some awesome stuff. I'm going to slowly be posting them all on here. I have some killer recipes. After that weekend, it kinda became a hobby of mine to see what all I could cook with just foil and a fire.

Another good way for omlets is to use zip lock bags. You do need a pot for this one.

Instead of just cooking them one at a time on a skillet your only limited to the size of your pot. Now everyone can make their own and eat at the same time. Bing bang boom breakfast served in less than 30 minutes.

Sorry guys, eggs w/out toast are nasty.

• Upvote 1

Added step "4" for chevy and Nick :D

4. Have the 2 pickey bastards make their own toast

• Upvote 1