1st Annual Econo-Chop Challenge

dorifto240

I'll think about it. May do a deal on somethin' else.

Question: If you buy a bike for $400 but sell $200 worth of parts off of it, does that give you $300 to spend on the modification. Basically as long as the Net expense is still $500, is it ok?

I think that's fair, as long as it's within reason.

Oh, the peices are starting to fall into place on my entry. Still gotta pick up the old girl next week or so. Good thing the wife and kids got Dad a new SawzAll for christmas. (as well as a new set of Perelli Angel ST's for the FZ1)

Alright! Can't wait to see it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Honda and a buddy might tag along with his Virago. Also im going to bring another bike that i built from scratch. Not street legal but fun to ride. whether it can be entered in or not i guess Dorifto can make the call on that.

Have the rest of the details been decided?

Where?

Time?

Estimate on number of entries?

Edited by 20thGix

I have the Honda and a buddy might tag along with his Virago. Also im going to bring another bike that i built from scratch. Not street legal but fun to ride. whether it can be entered in or not i guess Dorifto can make the call on that.

Have the rest of the details been decided?

Where?

Time?

Estimate on number of entries?

Street legal is definitely not a requirement, but kudos if you can make it happen!

We're working out the time and location right now. As a heads up, there might be a date change (most likely moving it back a week into April, that way there won't be a "Biggest Fool In Ohio" Award). No more April Fools jokes.

• 2 weeks later...

The date is set for the 16th of April!

The schedule is as follows:

2pm Contestants arrive. You have an hour to prep/ready bikes

3pm Judging begins

4pm Show Opens To Public

6pm Awards

9pm (or earlier, depending) End.

We'll have the location by posters/fliers up, and a blog running the end of this week. Also, there will be food and depending on the location a new brewery's beer as well (we'll be using their future brewery as the location).

It will be here in Columbus. I know that might be a drive for some people. If lodging will be an issue, let me know and we'll try and figure something out. Either a good hotel or a good couch, if worse comes to worse.

Fazer, 20thGix (all three bikes), and JoshFZ, I've got you guys on the builders list already. You're good to go, and thank you for the support.

Also, if anyone has ideas or leads for sponsors (for PR mainly, we don't need any money, but maybe some swag to give away) I'd love to hear them.

For everyone, we did change the name to "Econo Bike" to help clear up any confusion.

This is getting more legitimate every day!

Matt, shoot me a file of the flier. I'll hit up some local bike places for swag and mybe Mom's tattoo shop.

That would be huge! I should have it ready to go by Wednesday. I'll get it to you ASAP!

Edited by dorifto240

• 2 weeks later...

I scope out the scrap material at work all the time. The steel they just let you have if you ask. But if i need aluminium i call and find out the what scrapweight is going for per pound and pay them for it.

• 2 weeks later...

We've got sponsors!

Barrel & Bottle, Co-Oh VinMoto, Venturi Moto, and more!

And more entrants! A few guys have been coming in the shop and they're now scrambling to finish 6 bikes for the show.

Fazer and 20thGix, your bikes were big hits on the blog by the way.

Thank you again to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Honda's just about wrapped up for now. So on to the next.

I finally got around to tearing it down and sanding off the laziness (surface rust) from sitting around half done.

picture.php?albumid=681&pictureid=13521

Got a coat of primer on just incase the thats all the farther i get for awhile. Hoping to get all the other parts powder coated this week.

picture.php?albumid=681&pictureid=13522