Belkin SportsCommand - Waterproof iPhone Remote

Casper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140479633757

Not mine, but I bought one. These are normally $50~ on eBay. Retailed for around $75. They've been discontinued, and are sort of hard to find. Earache turned me on to these things. He uses one on his bike. I was kinda leery buying one for $18. Thought for sure I was going to get a refurb piece of shit or something. Nada. Brand new in the box. Works great. So, I figured I'd post this up incase anyone else is interested.

do you have to have it on the armband? i was thinking of having it on the triples or something along those lines.

No, I made a mount for it to attach to my bike. The keypad is flexible, so it's kinda hard to push the buttons with a gloved hand unless there is a solid backing behind it. I made a plate out of aluminum, covered it with Velcro and then made a stalk to mount it off of the brake perch.

If you get it and want a mount made, let me know and I'll whip one up for you.

edit: here are some pics of how it's mounted on my ST...

IMG_2806Large.jpg

IMG_2805Large.jpg

IMG_2804Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

I just have a regular old Ipod Classic. Does this just plug into the bottom of the ipod and work wirelessly through a transmitter?

Yup - that's it. It'll work on a classic as that's what I was using as well.

I'm pretty sure it'll work with any iPod/iPhone device that uses the dock connector. However, when plugging it into the iPhone, it throws up an error about not being made for the iPhone and might cause interference. It doesn't though. It works fine. If you're jailbroken, you can suppress that error anyways.

No, I made a mount for it to attach to my bike. The keypad is flexible, so it's kinda hard to push the buttons with a gloved hand unless there is a solid backing behind it. I made a plate out of aluminum, covered it with Velcro and then made a stalk to mount it off of the brake perch.

If you get it and want a mount made, let me know and I'll whip one up for you.

edit: here are some pics of how it's mounted on my ST...

IMG_2806Large.jpg

IMG_2805Large.jpg

IMG_2804Large.jpg

I think I want one. I was going to try to make it myself. Still might. LOL. If I see you Saturday, we can chat about it.