Australian extreme drinking and driving video

LINK

Couple of weeks ago I had to drive my wife to the airport in Columbus. It was dark and snowing, lots of traffic with folks going home from work. We were on US 62 east of Johnstown and there was a car ahead of us going about 40 mph. Pretty soon, there were more than 20 cars backed up behind us. The driver of the car causing the backup had to be nearly comatose drunk because he was weaving all over the road, frequently forcing oncoming cars off on to the shoulder or to come to a near stop to avoid a head-on collision. We called the State Highway Patrol, but they said they were busy with other accidents. We couldn't give them a plate number because we were separated by two other cars. Finally, to our relief, he turned off on a side road and appeared to be pulling into a house. It was a miracle he didn't cause a head-on collision.

Case number two was a couple of years ago, my wife and I on my bike on Route 664 north of Logan. Two guys in a pickup truck ahead of us, 2 p.m. on a Saturday. The driver so obviously drunk that he not only wandered off the right side of the road and came within inches of sliding over an embankment, but also drifted off the LEFT side of the road a couple of times. If you've ever ridden it, you know how many blind rises and turns there are on 664, and how popular it is with riders. I felt so helpless, thinking at any minute he was going to meet a motorcycle head-on over one of those rises. Fortunately, he also eventually pulled off into a driveway before killing someone.

Some cases go beyond stupid and are downright murderous. :nono:

That was one graphic video. I think we need to have videos like this in the states to make you think. We are too worried about hurting peoples feelings and catering to everyone, people live in a fairyland where that could never happen to them.