Full Auto Fun

flounder

I spent yesterday up at my buddies shop. We decided to take a break and do some playing so I thought you would get a kick out of this.

My buddies shop is Short Action Customs and this is one of his builds. This is an Short Action Customs (SAC) built Full Auto SBR AR running a Spikes Tactical .22 Conversion & Form 1 Suppressor. All work to convert to Full Auto and build the SBR was done by him. He is a Class 2 Manufacture so everything you see here is 100% legal for him.

Also attached is a Form 1 suppressor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9Es5FFZFM

Edited by flounder

I can't wait to try mark's full auto 22 with my spectre. Actually, I'd like to shoot your form 1 can and the spectre back to back to compare.

I would hope the spectre is somewhat quieter but who knows. They may actually be the same or clsoe enough to not notice a difference. Dunno, Wont know until we can compare. I think I can safely say that it wont be 5x quieter which is what it would need to be to make up the difference in cost that I have in mine. I only have about $50 in material in my Form 1 .22 can. My time to build it is a different story. :D

Probably not. However, Holiday spirit and all, we'll at least put it up to a vote. We accept bribes in the form of Black Hills match 308 ammo.

Actually I would prefer about 2000 7mm Berger 180grain Hybrids. Ive got to start building inventory for when the new toy is done in about 4 months.

I would hope the spectre is somewhat quieter but who knows. They may actually be the same or clsoe enough to not notice a difference. Dunno, Wont know until we can compare. I think I can safely say that it wont be 5x quieter which is what it would need to be to make up the difference in cost that I have in mine. I only have about $50 in material in my Form 1 .22 can. My time to build it is a different story. :D

I'm thinking I may form 1 a 22 can in the spring (if I can con Mark or one of my machine shop owning extended family members to help me). I'd do a monocore type baffle/stainless (or Ti) tube, similar to the new sparrow but I'd like it to be shorter.

I'm thinking I may form 1 a 22 can in the spring (if I can con Mark or one of my machine shop owning extended family members to help me). I'd do a monocore type baffle/stainless (or Ti) tube, similar to the new sparrow but I'd like it to be shorter.

Ill tell ya what, after making the last one, I would suggest just buying it to be honest and Im 99% sure he doesnt want to have anything to do with someone manually machining suppressor baffles/cores again. It turned out to be allot more time consuming then expected and pretty hard on the tooling due to the amount of cutting.

Find someone in a machine shop with a CNC and thats a different story. Draw up the schematic in CAD and send them the IGES file and let them hit the "Go" button.

Edited by flounder

For those of you that have never met me and dont know what I look like, that is me in the vid doing the shooting.

:D DUDE! :bow:

I need to meet your friends!

Oh and by the way, The fiance gets her cast off today so she will be shooting again real soon. I will let you know when I am headed up to her place in Columbus and over to the archery shop...

• 2 weeks later...

Well her cast is off, stitches are out. She started therapy today and is actually moving her whole arm again and able to at least touch her face. We weill be up there in a week maybe two, if not sooner. I will call you. I just got my new Maxxis 35 set-up and ready to rock and it needs sited in.