New World Trade Center (Freedom Tower) Half Way Up

chevysoldier

The construction of Freedom Tower has reached the halfway point as building of 52nd floor begins. When complete, it will reach 1776 feet, the year of American independence.

http://www.allproudamericans.com/New-World-Trade-Center-Half-Way-Up.html

More info, vids and pics:

http://www.nyc-tower.com/

image1.jpg

Edited by chevysoldier

I am so glad this is moving forward, the best stimulus this country could have done would have been to finance the construction of this building and have it done 8 years ago.

It would have been a good idea, I agree. I could have been an actual investment, financially, and in pride!

It is amazing how fucked up our priorities are in this country.Knocking down the world trade center only hurt us in symbolism and leaving that big ass hole in the ground all of these years is the dumbest thing our government could have done. Especially when we have billions to give to corrupt banks and auto companies. In my opinion this building should have dwarfed the burj dubai

Edited by shittygsxr
  • Upvote 1

It is amazing how fucked up our priorities are in this country.Knocking down the world trade center only hurt us in symbolism and leaving that big ass hole in the ground all of these years is the dumbest thing our government could have done. Especially when we have billions to give to corrupt banks and auto companies. In my opinion this building should have dwarfed the burj dubai

couldn't agree more

I can't put a big enough THIS here.

You gotta wonder what kind of defense this building is gonna have to have.

It transforms into Ultra Magnus.

Good to see it coming along great. Took forever to decide on the plans.

Yes, but that's not the full picture. It took forever to decide who was going to pay for it and be in charge of building it, the Port Authority (who owns the land underneath it where the PATH stations have been rebuilt for some time), Larry Silverstein (the recipient of the insurance money from the towers themselves), or the LMDC (the corporate entity created by the Governor to oversee operations, it had dubious legal authority) The design took about a year and a half, the rest of the time was bickering between the 3 parties on where the money would come from and the role that the entities funding it would play (who's plans would get used).

The original towers were built in 5 years from the time someone put pen to paper and created the original drawings, 3 years from the time the first shovel hit the ground. Fucking disgraceful.

Shiddy got this one exactly right. It's just another sign of how screwed up our country is these days, and how much beauracracy (sp?) there is in everything. :(