Was this a good call?

Jst2fst

Player from Syracuse Salutes when he make a tough down and ref's throw a flag for un-sportsman like conduct. Play quoted:

"I really don't agree with the call. My teammates are backing me on the call," a distraught Hilburn said afterward. "
I saw our opponent throw up diamond signs after they score a touchdown
and now I give a salute? What's that? Respecting our soldiers? It hurts.

"I know we're kind of on their turf and I shouldn't have done it but I still don't think that was a good call."

Link:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Did-a-routine-post-TD-salute-really-cost-K-State?urn=ncaaf-301958

Technically, yes it was a legitimate flag by the rules. I think the refs should've kept it in the pocket because that was hardly anything but oh well shit happens. They shouldn't have played like shit to start the 4th and they wouldn't have had a problem

That was a bullshit call, especially in light of the QB from Tennessee making throat cutting motions after their last touchdown and not getting a flag. He got what he deserved though, crying like a bitch on the sideline after his INT cost Tennessee the game.

They need to have a set standards on how they deal with showboating so that fans are not about to cause a mutiny on the officials. Ones that refs will follow with touchdowns not their current standards.