Haynes Manuals?

|SnOmAn|

I have been looking for something that gives good detail on motorcycles. I have a bike that is in pieces but seems like a nice bike to start on to learn a little more about motorcycles. I have worked on cars before, but never really done anything with a bike.

I was wondering if the Haynes manuals are worth it or not? I know they have some detail in them, but not sure if it will have what I need to put the bike back together and figure out what I need to order and things of this nature. Any advice would be great...

I have also seen the Clymer manuals, but it seems that the Haynes one has both the bikes that I have, in the one manual that need to be worked on.

Generally factory service manuals.

If Honda, there is a generic service manual for basics also.

Most Haynes and Clymer say the same thing in every manual...

With a few pics and differences thrown in for the specific model.

edit: oh, and a good set of parts diagrams is great to have also.

sometimes that's the way to figure out what goes where,

and what those left over parts are, before it's too late...

Edited by ReconRat

No question... Haynes and others are not what you should use unless doing average maintenance. Doing more in depth stuff that requires EXACT details and EXACT tolerances, etc? Buy a factory service manual. There's a reason they cost so much...

+1 on factory service manuals.... try to find them online, ive found plenty of free yamaha manuals - not sure what youre working on

even if you cant find free ones, sometimes you can find a digital download for a few bucks

and they have nice full diagrams of parts that will help you find out what you need to order