htc Desire &/or Wildfire

Fonzie

Anybody got these? Likes/dislikes?

I see the Desire has the 1ghz snapdragon processor, but not finding what the Wildfire is equipped with so far

Other than possibly different processors... Any differences other than physical size? They appear very similar... Same Droid version & camera specs, microSD capacity, etc, but there's a large price discrepancy?

Also... Is Android 2.1 the highest/newest version out?

Anybody had a Blackberry Curve before switching to Droid? How easy was it to move over all your contact info?

HTC_Wildfire07.jpg

Edited by Fonzie

2.2 is the latest but there is another version that everybody is speculating the release date of

Are you able to update/upload the latest & greatest online, like you can with a blackberry?

So if you get one of these htc's w/ 2.1... Can you update to the 2.2 or newer??

Just found this review of the Wildfire, so I'm assuming it's got a smaller processor, though I'm still looking for exact specs, as it's not even listed on the Alltel site

The good: The HTC Wildfire features a compact and sturdy design. The Android 2.1 smartphone has a very affordable price tag and offers a 5-megapixel camera and full wireless options.

The bad: The Wildfire has a small, lower-resolution screen. The smartphone can be a bit sluggish.

The bottom line: For Alltel customers on a budget, the HTC Wildfire is a very affordable and decently featured Android phone, but it comes at the cost of screen quality and processor speed.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-wildfire-alltel-wireless/4505-6452_7-34211875.html#ixzz1ANPpYnJw

Finally found some specs for the Wildfire...

Specifications:

Form Factor: candy bar

Materials: plastic, metal

Operating System: Android 2.1 + HTC Sense interface

Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, EDGE / GPRS, UMTS / HSDPA 900/2100

Platform: Qualcomm MSM7225-1 processor with 528 MHz

Memory: 384 MB

The memory for storing programs: 512 Mb (ROM) + memory card microSD (hot swap)

Interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (A2DP), jack microUSB (USB 2.0) for the charge / synchronization, 3.5 mm headset jack

Screen: capacitive touch-type, 3.2 “with a resolution of 240×320 pixels (QVGA)

Camera: 5 megapixel with Autfocus and Flash

Navigation: One Platform Qualcomm GPS chip (support A-GPS)

Extras: sensor approach light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope

Battery: removable Li-Ion 1300 mAh

...Anybody had a Blackberry Curve before switching to Droid? How easy was it to move over all your contact info?

Install Google Sync on the Berry (go to http://m.google.com/sync), sync your phone contacts to your GMail contacts. Once the Driod's up and running, it will automagically put your GMail contacts on your Droid.

Google Sync will also sync your BB's calendar.

(if you don't have GMail, go get yerself an account)

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty of 'chat' apps, Google Talk, Yahoo, AIM, et al.

None (I think) will have the 'opened' and 'read' features that BBM has.

Anything in particular that you need/want it to do, aside from straight-up chat?

2.2.1 is the latest technically.....contacts dont worry your carrier can help with that......blackberrys are on there way out!!! get the snappdraggon equipped phone wow badass!!!!! my droid 1 has 256ram and is good for me.....cant imagine that processor i would seriously scrap my home PC