I'll bet $100 Pryor isn't going to the NFL this year

Casper

Who really cares? He's not going to be a quarterback in the NFL anyways as he's not really that good. His best bet would to be to leave early and get in on a team and become a tight end or something...

Your probably right about that, given their win Pryor need t learn how to hold onto a freaking ball just saying. :nono:

Who really cares? He's not going to be a quarterback in the NFL anyways as he's not really that good. His best bet would to be to leave early and get in on a team and become a tight end or something...

If you don't care, don't post. :D

is there proof of this? I never heard anything about this and would be interested to see if it is really the case

I thought that was just a courtesy to the other players on the team that he had to stay next year in order to play in the sugar bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Him and the rest of the "five" that are going to be suspended, entered into an agreement with Tressel, to come back next year and play. If they didn't, they weren't going to play in the Bowl game. Seniors even talked/voted on the matter to have them play in the bowl game as well.

This way they serve their suspension, and don't flee to get away from it. Don't know if it is an actual contract.

Personally think it is a smart move by OSU, to show that they are willing to punish their athletes instead of letting them go to NFL to get away from it.

If you don't care, don't post. :D

I just am not a real big fan of Pryors. He isn't really that good at the position and when I look at some other guys, he is just not at their level. I think even if he went to the NFL draft, he'd go pretty low. However, if he'd broaden the idea of going another route (doubt his ego allows for it) and maybe tries Tight End or similar next year after he returns, maybe he'd go higher. Oh, and get better money...

I just am not a real big fan of Pryors. He isn't really that good at the position and when I look at some other guys, he is just not at their level. I think even if he went to the NFL draft, he'd go pretty low. However, if he'd broaden the idea of going another route (doubt his ego allows for it) and maybe tries Tight End or similar next year after he returns, maybe he'd go higher. Oh, and get better money...

So you do care. :D

Him and the rest of the "five" that are going to be suspended, entered into an agreement with Tressel, to come back next year and play. If they didn't, they weren't going to play in the Bowl game. Seniors even talked/voted on the matter to have them play in the bowl game as well.

This way they serve their suspension, and don't flee to get away from it. Don't know if it is an actual contract.

Personally think it is a smart move by OSU, to show that they are willing to punish their athletes instead of letting them go to NFL to get away from it.

Think that all you want, but there's nothing in writing - would never be able to be used in court. If the kids want to go early, they certainly could. Would be against the "gentlemen agreement" they entered in, but they need to consider if it makes sense or not.

Also, consider that it was done by Tressle in an effort to show good will to the NCAA. I think it was all smoke and mirrors and playing to the hearts of fans and the NCAA...

If they are ready and wanting to go early, they should. Would do them better than waiting until next year after 1/2 a season and the hopes they do not have a stand in player do better and they get lesser playing time when they come back.

That's what I thought I heard.

Since he is having foot surgery, I would say no, he will not go to the NFL. Nobody will want someone rehabbing a foot injury. I am not so much of a Pryor basher, but more of a program basher right now. OSU recruited Pryor based on his performance in HS as a runner, not a passer. Yeah, he threw TD passes, but in High School, you can throw the long ball, and somebody can run under it and make you look good. OSU has tried to turn him into a pocket passer, which he is not. His mechanics are terrrible, especially in the 10 - 20 yard range....watch the films, the nose of the ball is down and his release is late, in turn making all of his short throws low. Give the guy one look for his go route, and then cut him loose and let his legs do the work. And for the second half shut down and playing not to lose....bullshit. Points on the board is like money in the bank. I woulda been as aggressive in the second half as I was in the first.

All they did was gave Tressel a verbal agreement that they would come back, nothing in writing or formal contract. I think all of them will hold up on their agreements because most are not ready, and if they even tried to go they would look like fools for doing so.

All they did was gave Tressel a verbal agreement that they would come back, nothing in writing or formal contract. I think all of them will hold up on their agreements because most are not ready, and if they even tried to go they would look like fools for doing so.

It will come back to haunt them....