09-11 ZX6R Forks onto an 03 636

EvilTwin

Not that hard, thank god! Kawasaki did not change the bearing and race sizes in the steering stem, so while you will need the new triple tree and clip-ons, you wont need to do anything else. The new triples are needed b/c the Showa BPFs are larger in diameter than the KYB forks that come stock on the 03-04's (I think anything up to an 08 are the same diameter b/c they're all KYB's).

Before:

DSCN1672.jpg

After:

DSCN1680.jpg

Another thing, while the 03 rim does fit on with the 09 axle and spacers, the rotors don't match up to the calipers, so I'm gonna have to buy an 09 wheel before my first track day in March.

The project isn't completely done yet since I don't have the cables routed, and old switches mounted, or my steel braided lines switched over, but I'll get pictures up when it's done :D

Edited by EvilTwin

I have to 09 calipers, why would I want to put the 03 calipers on the 09 forks? I'd rather just buy the new wheel.

Sorry I realize now that I forgot to mention that I had the entire front end off the 09 except for the wheel.

Lol, the new wheels look way better, they're the six spoke design as opposed to the tri-spoke, plus I'm doing a swing arm swap and will be using the newer style rear wheel, so might as well get the newer front as well.

Rotors might or might not swap over, depends on the bolt spacing.

No I'm putting an 05 swing arm on with an 05 rear wheel. And if I could afford an 09 ZX6R I would buy one, but I can't, so I'm just doing a few upgrades on my 636 b/c it's still my favorite model of the ZX6R's.