V-Strom 0 - 100 MPH

JBWalker

No hate here' date=' bro. Just some e-thuggin'. But... since you engaged, why not just ignore him or offer some "clutchless" advice? Why you gotta' be all "ur dum" on him?[/quote']

My feelings on a lot of YouTube videos are that most are pretty silly and increasingly, more attention garnishing than anything. The ol' "Hey, look at me and what I can do" comes to mind. It's pretty frustrating as the media out there is sometimes used to justify why there are so many squids or that motorcycling in general is plum full of idiots.

These types of videos come out with morons running like this on the street. They think they are cool and all of that and yet, they not only look like morons or "dumbasses" as some here have called them, but they are also lacking certain skill sets that are basic.

Why do people post videos of themselves on public forums and public websites if they are not willing to take responses both favorable and also critical of what they posted? Guy is wanting to show the world how cool he is, but he is lacking some skill at shifting and just figured I'd post it...

I don't video myself for a few reasons. One, I don't care if people see what I do on a bike or other things. Two, I'm not nearly good enough to have videos I post to be sent out into the world. If I were a top shelf rider, maybe I'd consider it. Three, I'm not very funny nor controversial in what I do on a bike. So, I'd be pretty boring to watch...

Plus, it's bad luck...:D

Since everyone thinks I need to be all warm and fuzzy with the guy and his video or I shouldn't even comment, here ya go - Looks like he does a good job of keeping his windscreen clean. Nice job.

Fair enough' date=' but you should still enlighten him on the snazziness of clutchless shifting. That vid was killing me. :lol:[/quote']

Nah... If he wanted to know, he'd ask. I use a QS anyways. I can't remember how to do it regularly anymore. Well, OK, I do - the RC8R isn't QS equipped... But, he wants to know? Just ask. Just like oil threads, he'll get answers...

Okay, as a V-strom owner I would like to point two thing out about this video. 1. The speedo on the strom is commonly off by as much as 9% meaning he never reached 100mph. :p 2. The fuel level was down to half a tank, which all strom owners know a full tank would never allow you to accelerate that quickly.:rolleyes:

Honestly though, doing that on what looks like a down town street not the brightest thing I've seen.:nono: