The political discussion about the shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

Disclaimer

So, devils advocate here. Even if 57-ish% of people believe the rhetoric wasn't responsible, and some much lower percentage beleive it was... what percentage of those people are mentally ill? Assuming those people are "sane", wouldn't the survey results be moot because that's not really the audience that's affected by the rhetoric?

Also...

An AZ GOP Leader Resigns After Tea Party Attacks: 'I Don't Want To Take A Bullet For Anyone'

I say' date=' "Bye-bye". If you're afraid to be shot because your constituents are pissed, then you should stop pissing them off, resign, or... (left blank out of respect?)[/quote']

Have you looked at the morons getting pissed? They aren't getting pissed over anything near reality. These are the types of people that are at the base of the debate over the amount of rhetoric being fed to the brainless masses.

• Upvote 1

I haven't been paying attention. However' date=' regardless of their reasoning, isn't it the job of their Congressfolk to do what they want? I mean, if a Republican Congressman resigns because he's afraid a nutjob will shoot him.. isn't that good for your team?[/quote']

No if the masses want the Congress critter to pass a Bill for 'Rape a Baby Day' the Congressman shouldn't be afraid to tell them they are crazy and they aren't doing it.

Maybe if this passes, we can revisit the civility of the antebellum debates of 1856? May the best shot win!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/13/louie-gohmert-congress-guns_n_808436.html

"You couldn't hit the broad side of a Senator" would probably NOT be a very appropriate turn-of-phrase given the recent events.
  • Upvote 1