long gun story made short.

kawi kid

That's bullshit! Any store willing to do that must not care much about being sued when it blows up in your face. Out em!

Multi-caliber is becoming more standard since the lower doesnt determine the caliber while the chambering/barrel do. The rule is the caliber is to be marked on the barrel.

A standard AR lower can be used for a barrel chambered in many different calibers.

I can understand why Kawi doesn't want to name the store. They are a pretty good store, I know I have never really heard anything bad about the place. But hey, shit happens. Hopefully the store learns and doesn't make this mistake again.

Flounder, I do like the advice you gave Kawi about who to call if they didn't want to play ball.

I have to agree with this tool above me, I've never heard anything bad about the place either, and I see how they could be confused, with the lower being marked that way. I'm gonna bet they learned their lesson and will look at them better in the future!

I have to agree with this tool above me, I've never heard anything bad about the place either, and I see how they could be confused, with the lower being marked that way. I'm gonna bet they learned their lesson and will look at them better in the future!

HAHA Kawi is the tool! You fail at insulting.

Newb question time.

Would the proper barrel have been the only thing needed to make it safe to fire 5.56 rounds?

Yes. The bore is the same between 5.56 and .223, but they have different chamber specifications, to account for the pressure differences between the 2 rounds. There are 556 chambers, 223 chambers, and Wylde chambers (223 or 556).