long gun story made short.

kawi kid

Well very long story told very short, I saw the ad in the paper of the gun I had been looking for for a few months now and called to get the info on it. I was told it was in fact a bushmaster predator just with a skeleton stock. Really wasn't the stockni was liking for but i intended on changing it anyway so I would just get it. I get there and was told by two guys behind the counter that it had the same internals and twist rate as the 5.56 predator just the stock was different. I bought it and took it home started doing research on ammo. I couldn't find any info on a predator with a 22 in barrel and after searching for hours I called bushmaster directly gave them my serial number and they told me it in fact was nothing like a predator and the store lied to me. It actually wasn't even a 5.56 which both sales guys and the guy over the phone all told me and assured me it was multi caliber. I took it back and after ripping a sales guy a new ass and the manager refusing to speak with me I got my money back in full.

Well very long story told very short, I saw the ad in the paper of the gun I had been looking for for a few months now and called to get the info on it. I was told it was in fact a bushmaster predator just with a skeleton stock. Really wasn't the stockni was liking for but i intended on changing it anyway so I would just get it. I get there and was told by two guys behind the counter that it had the same internals and twist rate as the 5.56 predator just the stock was different. I bought it and took it home started doing research on ammo. I couldn't find any info on a predator with a 22 in barrel and after searching for hours I called bushmaster directly gave them my serial number and they told me it in fact was nothing like a predator and the store lied to me. It actually wasn't even a 5.56 which both sales guys and the guy over the phone all told me and assured me it was multi caliber. I took it back and after ripping a sales guy a new ass and the manager refusing to speak with me I got my money back in full.

Did you make them give you a hummer for your troubles....is that why the manager couldn't "talk" to you?

It was made right which is why im not plastering their names all over the internets and dragging them through the mud. But if anyone in here has bought a bushmaster predator in the last two weeks withva 22 inch barrel and a skeleton frame please pm me so I can set you straight with what the manufacturer informed me. The gun you bought that was advertised as a 5.56 is actually a 223 ONLY.

Mainly versatility. With the gun I was wanting I could have shot the 223 and 556 with out a hiccup. The gun I was sold was strictly a 223. It wouldn't have held up to the pressure the 5.56 rounds create.

Thanks!

...I get there and was told by two guys behind the counter that it had the same internals and twist rate as the 5.56 predator just the stock was different.

...It actually wasn't even a 5.56 which both sales guys and the guy over the phone all told me and assured me it was multi caliber. I took it back and after ripping a sales guy a new ass and the manager refusing to speak with me I got my money back in full.

I think he realized it was a losing battle and I figured them out cuz they sold about twenty of them
It was made right which is why im not plastering their names all over the internets and dragging them through the mud...

Sounds to me like they need their name dragged through the mud:

- 3 different employees lied to you about multiple facets of the rifle

- you had to argue to get your money refunded even after pointing out the "discrepancies", i.e. lies.

- the manager wouldn't speak to you

No retail business should out and out blatantly lie to a customer, and any that does needs to be outed.

I know I wouldn't want to do business with a store that did that.

But it's your call, I suppose.

it should be stamped on there 5.56 or .223

You need to be clear when you say what details are stamped and where.

Some AR lowers are stamped "Multi-caliber". Then the barrel is stamped with the chambered caliber but if there is a front guard on it like all AR's have, you cant see the caliber marking on the barrel.

Hopefully this helps. Its not always as simple as one may think.

You need to be clear when you say what details are stamped and where.

Some AR lowers are stamped "Multi-caliber". Then the barrel is stamped with the chambered caliber but if there is a front guard on it like all AR's have, you cant see the caliber marking on the barrel.

Hopefully this helps. Its not always as simple as one may think.

This^^

The lower was marked multi caliber, the barrel was stamped otherwise and there was about 20 sold under the assumption it was a 5.56 like it stated in their news paper flyer.