1125R upgrades

alienpi

I'm considering upgrading my bike with a new exhaust, and consequently an EBR ECM(designed for that exhaust), and high flow air filter. I've gained a few pounds over the winter and need to add some horsepower to compensate.

There's many different exhausts out there for the 1125R. There's FMF, HMF, Barker, Drummer, and Jardine. The Drummer is a little pricier than the others, so I'm probably going to exclude that one. Are any significantly better or worse? I've read that the horsepower increase is 10 - 25% for multiple ones, so I was thinking that aesthetics might be the deciding factor?

Most of these exhausts are $400 to 600. The ECM from EBR is $250.

Which one's have you had good/bad experiences with?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

If you call EBR they'll map a Race ECM for the stock exhaust. That's what I have. It runs smoother, stronger, cooler & get better mpg. It's runs fantastic!

If you're set on an after market exhaust, I would take a look at the Barker. Best bang for the buck, and there are 2 or 3 sizes of db killers.

If you haven't already seen this, it's worth reading. All the 1125 exhaust are compared and dynoed: http://www.americansportbike.com/1125_Exhaust_Test_Text.ZIP

• Upvote 1

Thanks TPoppa! That comparison pdf is perfect!

I was leaning towards the Barker actually! Since my '08 1125R is a collectors item (25th Anniversary Edition), I was thinking that keeping the stock look would be the classy move. On the other hand I absolutely delight in the thought of scaring the crap out of fellow motorists while passing them at 140 mph and kicking it sideways.

Thank you

If you call EBR they'll map a Race ECM for the stock exhaust. That's what I have. It runs smoother, stronger, cooler & get better mpg. It's runs fantastic!

If you're set on an after market exhaust, I would take a look at the Barker. Best bang for the buck, and there are 2 or 3 sizes of db killers.

If you haven't already seen this, it's worth reading. All the 1125 exhaust are compared and dynoed: http://www.americansportbike.com/1125_Exhaust_Test_Text.ZIP

+1 for the stock exhaust with a tune, and for the Barker's if you want a new exhaust.

Don't forget the aftermarket exhausts are all very loud, and not much power gain at all...Notice the stock exhaust was not tested with the Race ECM, the aftermarket slip-ons were all tuned in the exhaust test results Tpoppa provided... The results are not accurate without seeing what the stock exhaust will do with a tune, regardless of what D Adams (Keda Design) claims...LOL!!!

Save your money on the slip-on and aftermarket filter...Get a Race ECM tuned for the stock exhaust from EBR, or get a PC V and get a custom tune, run the stock exhaust with some turn-out tips and the stock filter, just my opinion.:D

If you think it will be a collector item get a new exhaust and keep the stock one. The stock exhaust rusts. I have the fmf and ebr ecm and it is a completely different bike. I also have the 1190rr triple clamp with vortex clipons and dual brembo master cylinders. In its stock form the bike is underwhelming a couple mods makes it much better

The EBR ECM is a really good deal. Tuning for optimum combustion is not the same as tuning to meet EPA regs. How often do you get a chance to get a optimum tune from the guy who designed the engine? Plus if you decide to change exhaust later, EBR will reflash the ECM for a different exhaust for $25.

ditch the exhaust!! I like the FMF over the Jardine and Barkers. Dean Adams makes his own line of exhausts the RT-3 in particular is nice looking. It is a lot of weight to dump and they sound pretty badass.

http://www.keda-design.com/shop/page/3?sessid=GVvaNm0zUnJjK73Qq6m62kibzf6K38pc1pOfgpSuz4Fxixip3CbpPPM1R46ewvq1&shop_param=

The FMF would probably be my second choice after the Barker's, if I had to choose between what is available.

I think a rear exit exhaust twin or single would be the ticket for me, more controllable sound levels, and less maintenance, the current slip-ons available burn out their packing to soon in my opinion.

Not exactly what I would go for in a rear exit, but it does look good to me, minus the tips.