Find old engine - collect $4000

ReconRat

Dude found a 1912 Harley engine in a barn.

He was going to make a lamp from it.

These are worth $4000-$6000 if all parts complete.

Time to search some old barns...

Motorcycle USA blog post

hd_motor_2.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/hd_motor_2.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

Wow dude you really are bored

I'm hating a Winter that has been 10F colder than normal, so far. I'm definitely ready for a couple of nice days, so I can get out and tour the snow and ice. I did that last year, it was 60-70F, dry roads, and still had snow and ice in the fields. It was wonderful.

A friend of mine sold his 1940's Harley Davidson w/ 3' date='000 miles on it for about $30,000. He sold it to a family member and that's why it went as cheap as it did. It was cool.. It had the side-shifter thingy, the right hand grip was used to advance/retard the distributor, it had the original saddlebags on it, original tires.. everything.[/quote']

Yeah, those tank shifters weren't exactly made for road racing. Cruising only. That also had the foot clutch, right? I think.

Watch "American Pickers" on the history channel.

One of the guys is a bike/motorcycle nut. He finds old Harley parts all the time. I've only seen them buy a couple "complete" bikes, and the most valuable one had been restored once previously.

It sill sold for obscene money.