Programmable Thermostat

jporter12

Universal 7-day programmable thermostat.

Brand is Ritetemp, model 6036

Link to the website.

Installation requires cutting into the drywall, and that is the reason I was unable to use it. I live in an old farmhouse, the walls are plaster and lath with paneling on top of that, but spaced out about an inch, and that wasn't enough depth to install it without getting into the plaster, which I couldn't see well enough to determine if it was safe to do, so I bought a surface mount thermostat.

I bought this thing on clearance at Home Depot sometime shortly after Thanksgiving, we bought our Christmas tree at the same time. The original price looks to be $47.47 (may have been a previous clearance price) and I got it for $35, which is what I would like to get for it. Everything is there, the package has been cut open, and I put everything back in as soon as I figured out it wouldn't work out so well.

There are many options for systems that it will work with, pretty much any heating and cooling system that you'll find in a home.

they will take back anything.

Maybe I will try that, if nobody wants to buy it. I'll take a little bit of a hit on it to help someone out that might need one on here.

Aren't all thermostats surface mount? :dunno: Never seen one that was flush.

No, not all of them are surface mount. I really like the flush mount idea, it would look more like it belongs than something just stuck on the wall, as we've had for years.