Ice ready

TSB67

It is fun, but takes a lot out of you.

To the O.P., somebody stud his tire for him. If not, I see someone going down a few times. For regular knobby tire, we have always done about 4/knob to get the traction we wanted. If you really want traction, look into getting flat track tires. A lot of room to set up your traction lines. Easier to have a good bite all the way around the tire, because there really isn't more than 1/4" gap between lugs on the flat track tires. They are rounder also, and allow a "deeper" lean angle.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally rode this today after a petcock failure of all things the first time out. Although I was quite pessimistic after talking to some people and reading some stuff between then and now, this wasn't the complete failure I expected it to be. It gripped well and slid predictably relative to the other pitbikes I've ridden, held air and I only lost 1 screw on the front and 5 in the rear. It's just an XR50 play bike and it exceeded my expectations - I'm no flattrack pro for sure. Should have used some longer screws, but I have about 100 of these supposedly worthless 3/8" ones left over and will just keep pluggin' 'em in for now. If I get serious I'll get some real tires for a big bike. I appreciate the input from the folks who actually know what they're doing. :)