Medina School requires breathelyzer at dances.

chevysoldier

And this is why...

Cheech, are you asking why they cheered, or why they threatened to cancel prom?

I was offering you an example of why they cheered, and the (predictable) administrator's reaction was to threaten to cancel prom.

I was offering you an example of why they cheered, and the (predictable) administrator's reaction was to threaten to cancel prom.

Sorry, thought you were asking why they cheered. That was simple, she was a BITCH! They made the threat because we had several students die from alcohol related accidents over the course of my 4 years there and were pissed that the students were treating it as a joke.

Sorry, thought you were asking why they cheered. That was simple, she was a BITCH! They made the threat because we had several students die from alcohol related accidents over the course of my 4 years there and were pissed that the students were treating it as a joke.

That's probably because it was/is a joke. You want to shock kids nowadays? Get a propmaster to construct an incredibly realistic dummy model of a student and at a certain point in the school day swap the dummy for the real thing. Stage an accident where the drunk driver loses control and plows into the building, rendering the dummy a red smear on the wall. Just have fun fielding the calls from the parents.

But they are mature enough to be considered legal adults by the state and live on their own, can enter into legal contracts, can vote for elected officials who they believe represent their interests, and voluntarily enlist of their own free will so they can fight and die for their country?

Huh? Most of these kids are under 18. So no, most of them can't.

18 year olds can drink on a military base. If you're 18 and you want to get wasted that badly, by all means; enlist in the military. It's legal - that doesn't mean your CO will tolerate it.

Since when? Every base I have been at is 21. Do some establishments/leadership look the other way? Yeah of course. But the age is still 21. Even in Germany and Korea it's 21 on base.

Huh? Most of these kids are under 18. So no, most of them can't.

Since when? Every base I have been at is 21. Do some establishments/leadership look the other way? Yeah of course. But the age is still 21. Even in Germany and Korea it's 21 on base.

A good amount of seniors in HS are 18 so yes, they can.