Headphones...not for riding

Mykill

I am looking for some headphones to use with my laptop. My speakers arent cutting it ( Macbook Pro) and I have been using my old Sony MDR-V700 headphones. I want to get a nice pair thats not BTS. I would like to keep it $100 and under. I am open to any type of headphones and suggestions.

Check out www.headphone.com for hundreds of headphone recommendations. I've owned and listened to many headphones from radioshack and the like, but the first time I heard headphones sound amazing was with the Grados. I've heard the Grado sr60s ($70)and owned the sr80s ($95)and Sr325s. I now own the Sennheiser HD650s ($450) and am going to buy a new set of SR325s ($300). The Sennheisers are crazy accurate, but the Grados are more fun and in my opinion sound better. I've been contemplating the Beyerdynamics, but I've never heard them.

Oh yeah, the Grados have a low impedance so they will sound fine out of your laptop. The HD650s have a higher impedance which means they sound much better with a headphone amplifier. The Grados sound fantastic with an amp, but also sound fine just out of normal headphone jacks.

Edited by alienpi
Added info

Check out www.headphone.com for hundreds of headphone recommendations. I've owned and listened to many headphones from radioshack and the like, but the first time I heard headphones sound amazing was with the Grados. I've heard the Grado sr60s ($70)and owned the sr80s ($95)and Sr325s. I now own the Sennheiser HD650s ($450) and am going to buy a new set of SR325s ($300). The Sennheisers are crazy accurate, but the Grados are more fun and in my opinion sound better. I've been contemplating the Beyerdynamics, but I've never heard them.

Oh yeah, the Grados have a low impedance so they will sound fine out of your laptop. The HD650s have a higher impedance which means they sound much better with a headphone amplifier. The Grados sound fantastic with an amp, but also sound fine just out of normal headphone jacks.

Ill prolly use my iPod too... Whats the headphone amplifier do? (same as a stereo amp?) Can I use that through my laptop/ipod or??? also how big are the amps and price?

Edited by Mykill

At www.headphone.com there is an amplifier section. I used an Airhead ($100) headphone amp out of my iPod and laptops for the Grados and especially the Sennheisers. The headphone amplifier is great because it has processing that can be switched on/off that makes listening to headphones less fatiguing. Also the amp adds a headphone output, so you can share your music without sharing headphones. I have one of the higher end headphone amps, to use with the HD650s, in my reference system and the result rivals the $25,000 stereo systems that I've heard.

Edited by alienpi