Rossi and Hayden :02 off pace

bigd

So, for all of you that ride on the edge of the limit (way beyond my current skillset) do you think it's feasible for the desmo's to make up 2 seconds or more based just on setup? I'm unfortunately thinking Honda might be dominant this year...

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/rossi+not+satisfied+after+sepang+test

I want to see Bautista push for the front. It's not a competitive platform, but when he's healthy he's got some good upper-middle finishes. Maybe Barbera too while I'm on the long shots.

I hope spies and jorge are my two other favs. Always like Jorge since I first started watching back when he was on 250's. Spies because he is American.

its going to be interesting to see how much the two of them can develop a motorcycle together. i feel spies needs different things out of a bike than lorenzo does. their riding styles could clash or they could merge quite well. and i am also interested to see how well the both of them can develop a bike period. either of them have had experience developing a motogp bike without a well qualified teammate to lend a helping hand. this is one of the biggest things i am looking forward to seeing the first couple of rounds of the season.

Practice times are just that. Come race time rossi will win.

i wouldnt be so fast to pull the trigger on that one.... rossi hasnt been happy with the duc during both test. but they have both been in malaysia were the ducs dont always fly too high on the timesheets.

its going to be interesting to see how much the two of them can develop a motorcycle together. i feel spies needs different things out of a bike than lorenzo does. their riding styles could clash or they could merge quite well. and i am also interested to see how well the both of them can develop a bike period. either of them have had experience developing a motogp bike without a well qualified teammate to lend a helping hand. this is one of the biggest things i am looking forward to seeing the first couple of rounds of the season.

Good point, but I dont know how many changes they make between the seasons. So they should have good base lines. I remember reading somewhere that when trying to get tyres sorted out the bridgestone guys talked to jorge and not rossi last year.

i wouldnt be so fast to pull the trigger on that one.... rossi hasnt been happy with the duc during both test. but they have both been in malaysia were the ducs dont always fly too high on the timesheets.

I think Rossi's just dipping his toe in the water at this point. By the second half of the season, he'll be back up front for sure.

I read an interview with Hayden, and he basically said they're listening to Rossi on things they would question him and Stoner about.

So basically, they believe it's a good thing to try because it came from Rossi - Hayden's been asking them to soften up the chassis for a year.

It's a different direction for Ducati, and there are bound to be growing pains. The bike obviously has the potential to run up front, and I am confident Rossi will get it there. Hopefully Hayden comes along for the ride!!

making up 2 seconds in setup time when they're making such major changes right now is VERY possible. And remember, Rossi's injured. I don't know if he's 2 seconds off the pace, but it may not all be the bike.

I think Rossi's just dipping his toe in the water at this point. By the second half of the season, he'll be back up front for sure.

I read an interview with Hayden, and he basically said they're listening to Rossi on things they would question him and Stoner about.

So basically, they believe it's a good thing to try because it came from Rossi - Hayden's been asking them to soften up the chassis for a year.

It's a different direction for Ducati, and there are bound to be growing pains. The bike obviously has the potential to run up front, and I am confident Rossi will get it there. Hopefully Hayden comes along for the ride!!

making up 2 seconds in setup time when they're making such major changes right now is VERY possible. And remember, Rossi's injured. I don't know if he's 2 seconds off the pace, but it may not all be the bike.

i agree in full, and ive read a couple of articles mentioning the listening to rossi instead of stoner thing. i would give it til around laguna or assen until ducati become a considerable force.

Man, I just do not like Rossi and his smirky ass.

Really? And Lorenzo's really a humble, people person, huh? Rossi's smirky because he enjoys having a good time (the whole reason he went to Yamaha - fun)

when do they? how many races did they win last year? ;)

:lol: you can't argue with results I guess...

Man, I just do not like Rossi and his smirky ass.

I'm sorry if I have that many world championships I would think I would have the right to be smirky.... And I don't thinks he's smirky, the man just likes to have a good time, there were a few times in hid career where you could argue smirkyness, al la max biaggi but that guy belongs on a shelf labled womens personal cleaning products.....

:lol: @ Max Biaggi...there's a guy with issues, WSBK is more his style.

Man, you guys sure love Valentino. It's my opinion, I enjoy watching him ride because lets face it, he's AMAZING, but I just don't care for his "I'm god" personality. His head is bigger than the planet itself. It's ok that I feel that way though and it shouldn't bother you too much because, well, nobody here knows him personally. Spies is known as arrogant, but I just don't get that from him off the track. I am a HUGE Spies fan, so I hope he places near #1 this year, it would be nice. I was soooo glad to see him enter GP last year because during his rookie year in WSBK he showed that he was even too good for that circuit. AMA was a joke for BEN and WSBK was almost just as bad.

Edited by NinjaNick

:lol: you can't argue with results I guess...

yeah ducati should have stuck to wsbk.

honestly, im very interested to see whats going to happen this year. if they cant win with rossi, then there is something wrong with their whole gp prorgram lol.