Democracy at work

Sapphy

i see you're in the rhodes tower. you ever been to cafe lola for lunch? its up on the northeast corner of broad and high next to dunkin and nbc. i used to work there lol.

i see you're in the rhodes tower. you ever been to cafe lola for lunch? its up on the northeast corner of broad and high next to dunkin and nbc. i used to work there lol.

Actually I am in the Riffe. Yes I have been to Cafe Lola. They make a good sandwich.

Actually I am in the Riffe. Yes I have been to Cafe Lola. They make a good sandwich.

durrr thats what i meant lol. rhodes is next to lola. too many R names.

Though, to be fair... as is also the case in Wisconsin...

I wonder how many of them either didn't vote, or actually voted for Kasich? If there are any Republicans down there protesting that didn't vote or voted for Kasich, it's pretty hypocritical of them for being the party of market forces -- ala "it's ok for everyone else, but don't touch MY benefits."

You get what you vote (or didn't vote) for.

Yea, but was that in 35 degree weather in the middle of a week day?
How many of them called off sick to be there?
Glenn Beck estimates that crowd to be about 30 people.
And on the news tonight we're going to hear about "thousands" of protesters being there.

The rest of the world is protesting for democracy, human rights, peace, etc. In America, they're protesting over personal benefits. I feel bigger issues would be oil dependency, a failing government, a failing economy, personal privacy issues (like the linked cameras in Ohio? TSA? Patriot Act?), the education system failing to compete on a global level, social programs running out of money (which I think should be terminated all together), a record setting debt owned by former/current enemies (China, Japan, Russia, etc), etc. The list goes on and on. Regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum, these are issues which need to be addressed immediately. Unfortunately, the American mentality has become too "me! me! me!" instead of "what can I do for my country".

/rant

Check out that rant -- Casper's angry at the world today! *rabble rabble rabble*

Parents always have the option of enrolling their child in a private school or home-schooling them if they don't like all these snobby, upper-class public workers flaunting their Hyundais, their health care benefits, and other entitlements in the face of the people.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-february-28-2011/crisis-in-dairyland---odor-in-the-capitol-building?xrs=share_copy

I think the better question is -- "What can I pay you do to for my country?" Easy question when you're the one holding all the money.

Yeah punks, go rabble somewhere else...

Thanks for the pics Sapphy, I was watching the news choppers hover around downtown.

I figured they were doing the photo shoots of the state house visitors.

Pics from the statehouse today

183988_10150106253939690_577139689_6510909_6060928_n.jpg

Just a thought, but with all these government employees NOT at their jobs today, I noticed no difference in government service at all! Is this proof that we have too many useless government employees or what? :rolleyes:

PS Good photos, now get back to work! :lol:

Edited by buildit

lol there is definitely more than "hundreds" of people there.

I don't think so. When I was a rally there several years ago, there were around 2000 people there. That filled the lawn on three sides. They haven't even filled half of the front lawn.

Though, to be fair... as is also the case in Wisconsin...

I wonder how many of them either didn't vote, or actually voted for Kasich? If there are any Republicans down there protesting that didn't vote or voted for Kasich, it's pretty hypocritical of them for being the party of market forces -- ala "it's ok for everyone else, but don't touch MY benefits."

You get what you vote (or didn't vote) for.

Sorry to say I was actually working today paying tax money to support these a-holes so that they could take the day off to f- up my commute thru downtown...

:nono:

I noticed no difference in government service at all! Is this proof that we have too many useless government employees or what? :rolleyes:
Wow.. look at all those government employees that don't need to be at work in order for the government to function. I see a huge budget bump' date=' right before my eyes.[/quote']

I need to work where you guys do, where they shut down completely when you're not there since you are the critical cornerstones of your enterprises.

I'd probably get some extra days off if I knew you guys weren't coming in those days.

i like how you know the employment status of every single person there... where they work and if they called off today or not... where the fuck were you with the megamillions numbers last month? :rolleyes: