Reimbrandt Strikes Again!

jarvismb

Ok, so my dad is the one who got me into riding when I was about 5, when he took me on his old Honda Cub (that he still had from college) up and down the street. He's always had a bike, and when I was finally able to, so did I.

It's all his fault.

So, when he said he's always wanted a unique flame job on his bike, but never got around to getting one, my step-mother and I said we were gonna find someone to do it, and get it done for him. I told her that there's quite a pool of assorted talent on this site, and one in particular stood out...

It turns out our boy Reimbrandt has quite the skill set. Seriously.

I met up with him in north Dayton a couple weeks ago and brought him my father's M109R tank and a rear cowling, along with a terrible sketch, and a horrible description of what we wanted to see put on these tins. His work was cut out for him, but I'd seen his art gallery on his site, and I thought he'd be able to handle it.

For the tank, I told him color faded flames, but that my dad couldn't decide between classic hot-rod style flames and that realistic stuff you see from time to time. This was admittedly a horrible description, but Reimbrandt came up with this piece of sheer awesomeness:

2722145980092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2729715130092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

Holy shit. Gorgeous. I've never seen such a cool combination of the two distinct styles of flames before. This is one-of-a-kind for sure.

Now, my old man is like anyone's old man, and he likes what he likes, and that's it. He's too old to give a shit what anyone else thinks anymore. He loves playing volleyball, and he's played and coached for longer than I've been on this planet, so he wanted something volleyball-related, even if it wasn't the most bad-ass thing people normally get. I can respect him for that, and it turns out so did our man in question, because he took that idea and made it as good as I think you could possibly get, given the unique subject matter:

2752550050092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey, it's not my taste, but damn, I can really appreciate how good it turned out. And this one isn't even done yet! My old man is freakin' over this stuff, and I don't blame him one bit. It's really really impressive work.

So, boys and girls of OR, Reimbrandt is certainly the real deal. And let me tell you something about customer service. This guy answers all of my staggeringly annoying texts every single day, as soon as I text him. Call him? He answers right away, and talks to you about whatever question you have. This guy is definitely getting my business again if I ever have anything to paint, and I can't say enough positive things about him.

I'll be keeping this thread updated when we get pics of the finished skull cowl, and when we put the whole thing together. Stay tuned, this in how to start the season off right...

super sick! im not all that into crazy flame jobs and all but i can respect the work and talent that it takes to do such work. keep up the good work reimbrandt!!!

That's exactly how I've been looking at it. Would I have gone after this for my sportbike? Probably not, but can I appreciate the workmanship in it? Absolutely.

Thanks guys...... I did hit a bump this winter on a job for another guy(extremef4's buddy) off here. I took longer than I could have, but did what I could to make sure he was happy. The worst part on that was he seen a paint job in a magazine and wanted that look, which is cool. but whats in a mag isnt always what it seems........ as we both found out. lol I apologize again to those two and the inconvience,but the scoot turned out pretty sweet. grabber orange base with 6 coats of amber ecstasy. Just wanted to throw that in...... im not perfect but always want to do better. I got to say that awesome customers make things eaiser. get shitty's and bkizzs off and on their way next.

Hey Jarvis, I saw youe dad's parts in the back of Jim's truck when he dropped off the parts to my buddy's bike at my house. Had no Idea they were yours (your dad's) small world lol. Did you get to really check out his truck? its a pretty sweet piece of rolling artwork

Brad, I just took a look at your friend's bike in the pic Reimbrandt put up, and that's a nice unique color for a sport bike, it looks sweet. Yea, I never would've guessed we'd be crossing paths with bike parts, but I guess that just speaks to idea that we all know who to go to in the Dayton for paint.

I didn't get a chance to check out the truck, so I'll have to take a look when I go pick up the parts later. He said he's got some stuff that came up he has to attend to, so it'll probably take him a few days to get things back going at the shop. I'll post up more pics when we pick them up, and when we start putting things together, but aside from that, I haven't had a chrome fix in quite a while, so we'll have to get out on a Sunday or something with the old Dayton group this spring.

but aside from that, I haven't had a chrome fix in quite a while, so we'll have to get out on a Sunday or something with the old Dayton group this spring.

Deff... Im down. I'll take you to a nice wide open field to play in. I do have an extra set of knobbies from the supermoto in case you were wondering.....

I have seen it, but where can we see the art work? Link?

http://www.art-rigs.com/

It hasnt been updated for a while and lots of his work isnt shown, but Jim does an outstanding job

Thanks guys...... I did hit a bump this winter on a job for another guy(extremef4's buddy) off here. I took longer than I could have, but did what I could to make sure he was happy. The worst part on that was he seen a paint job in a magazine and wanted that look, which is cool. but whats in a mag isnt always what it seems........ as we both found out. lol I apologize again to those two and the inconvience,but the scoot turned out pretty sweet. grabber orange base with 6 coats of amber ecstasy. Just wanted to throw that in...... im not perfect but always want to do better. I got to say that awesome customers make things eaiser. get shitty's and bkizzs off and on their way next.

Looks good man! I am excited to see the final results of mine. PS: The frame turned out awesome! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

We got everything home and assembled, so he's waiting for the first good riding day (maybe this thursday) and he'll be out blazing his new paint job (pun intended).

Thanks again to Reimbrandt for his excellent work, and his top-notch customer service!

Some pics of the final product:

2257680680092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2356132460092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2992664690092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2314723770092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2004677320092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2968817480092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

2394535490092123726S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks again..... the M109s are such cool looking bikes to begin with. love the way the fairing looks....... As far as my web site, I have been hounding my designer to update it for quite a while now and still havent had any luck. SO...... I have a facebook page (artrigs custom paint) that I post much of my new stuff.