doing it by yourself

grapesmuggler27

First this is very simple and I'll explain it.

1. remove front stand

2. start bike

3. get on bike

4. put bike into 2nd gear (not first but second!)

5. give the bike gas and get it up to speed. 50mph should be sufficent

6. hold on

7. Rock bike back and foward until you hit the sweet spot

8. mission complete

Edited by Carwhore
  • Upvote 1

What stands do you have? Pit bull (maybe others) you can place your foot infront of the stand wheel and push the bike off the stand. It really comes down to balance with the left hand and placing the stand with the right when you need to put it back on the stands.

First this is very simple and I'll explain it. It requires two people so make sure you have a buddy to help.

1. remove front stand

2. start bike

3. get on bike

4. put bike into 2nd gear (not first but second!)

5. give the bike gas and get it up to speed. 50mph should be sufficent

6. hold on

7. have buddy lift rear stand

8. mission complete

No. 7 just won't work...that defeats the whole by myself thing I was going for

very carefully.

it gets easier with time, but it's never easy.

I hold my bike up with my left thigh and position my rear stand with my right hand. Always keep the bike leaning slightly toward you; never away. you will not have the leverage to pull up a 450 lbs bike that is falling away from you. you will easily be able to keep it from falling (further) toward you.

Having a friend around helps. Practice with a "spotter" to stand on the right side of the bike while you practice.

I will grab rear-stands for people I don't even know in the pits... Easy way to help a pit-neighbor out and build good-will for later, when I'm hammered, and they're trying to sleep :D

another thing to note, in the garage jack-stands under fixed pegs (your bike has vortext rearsets, right?) will work for short-term storage.

Nothing sucks more than getting your bike exactly where you want it, and then realizing your rear stand is on the other side of the garage where you left it...

the jack-stand is a bit more portable, and gives you a 2nd option for keeping the bike upright.

I use my left hand to hold the tail and my right to lift/lower the stand.
very carefully.

it gets easier with time, but it's never easy.

I hold my bike up with my left thigh and position my rear stand with my right hand. Always keep the bike leaning slightly toward you; never away. you will not have the leverage to pull up a 450 lbs bike that is falling away from you. you will easily be able to keep it from falling (further) toward you.

pretty much both these is what I do too. After about 2 or 3x I had the hang of it but still am nervous everytime anyway

Yeah I just started with the same issue bro, and when I was putting the bodywork on I just practiced. Now its like second nature. That and my garage is tiny so I move it around alot, meaning lots of practice.

I always grabbed stands for the crew I was with because we usually run different groups, but as you said for running single, you just need practice.

Practice/Balance is going to be the key like others have said. But I just always take the front off, make sure the wheel is straight.

Then walk around one hand on top of the tail section since I have long arms, then reach down and grab the handle of my pit-bull stand and slowly lift it up lowering the rear of the bike down until the tire reaches the ground. While still having the stand around the spools I make sure I have it balanced before fully removing.

Practice/Balance is going to be the key like others have said. But I just always take the front off, make sure the wheel is straight.

Then walk around one hand on top of the tail section since I have long arms, then reach down and grab the handle of my pit-bull stand and slowly lift it up lowering the rear of the bike down until the tire reaches the ground. While still having the stand around the spools I make sure I have it balanced before fully removing.

I was just ouside practicing and noticed that the slower you let the bike down the easier it is.

Forward handle Pitbull stand is a good stand for loners. You can balance the bike by the bar/clip-on while raising or lowering.

THis is the best way. Otherwise a friend of mine has one of the Baxley Chocks that he just backs into.

step 1: pick a hand

step 2: sit on that hand

step 3: wait til the hand goes numb

step 4: fap fap fap fap fap fap

step 5: have someone help you with the bike

washing of hands between steps 4 and 5 is optional

Many of you guys are referring to how easy it is WITH a kickstand which keeps the bike up when you lower it. This guy DOES NOT have a kickstand which is what he is referring to. I use my stands constantly and it's simple as hell, but I can't give advice because I've never dealt with a pure track bike with no kick stand.

Carry-on.

Many of you guys are referring to how easy it is WITH a kickstand which keeps the bike up when you lower it. This guy DOES NOT have a kickstand which is what he is referring to. I use my stands constantly and it's simple as hell, but I can't give advice because I've never dealt with a pure track bike with no kick stand.

Carry-on.

valid point, i overlooked the whole no kickstand part :o