The FRENCH (OMG!) shot down a Libyan fighter

Casper

I thought we were the world police? There's even a movie about it, I hear...

So true, I can understand wanting to help but sometime we just need to take the backseat for a bit. Until were asked for help my two cents.

As long as we aren't leading the charge like we are everywhere else and its a deal where we can't afford not to get involved im ok with it. But this puts obama in a serious situation because of the stuff he said about us in iraq and afganastan imposing our views on other parts of the world.

That plane was actually flown by a member of the opposition and had a mechanical issue which lead to the crash. The opposition got half a dozen or so broken planes that had been left at an airbase they took over. So far 2 of them have crashed.

That plane was actually flown by a member of the opposition and had a mechanical issue which lead to the crash. The opposition got half a dozen or so broken planes that had been left at an airbase they took over. So far 2 of them have crashed.

That's pretty much what I've read. It was a Libyan Rebel aircraft circling the town, and they don't know who shot it down, or if. Dunno. Hard to say without more info, but mechanical problems usually don't include large amounts of flame and straight into the ground flight.

edit: straight into the ground was probably deliberate by the pilot. Note that in the photo you can see him bailing out.

Edited by ReconRat

BTW, in the cruise missile launch, which was maybe 110 by US forces and some number by British forces. One was targeted at Qaddafi's Libyan Army supreme command center. Sort of our way of saying hello. That was also one of the first strikes in Iraq. Fly it in the window and destroy planning capabilities. It was first done in Vietnam, when a GBU 2000 pound bomb flew in the upstairs window of North Vietnamese headquarters, and landed on the map table. It was one of the most effect strikes of the Vietnam war, and scattered enemy high command.