My Brownings not accurate

bowdog

I bought a Browning Buck off of Armslist this weekend... Some of you may have seen it, it was the blue and black anodized 22. It has a barska reflex scope on it and i am having some troubles. At 30ft i have to aim a ft low and 6" to the right in order to hit dead center. I have adjusted the scope all it has. I guess my questons are would the battery getting low affect the accuracy and also would the positioning of where the scope is mounted (more forward or backwards) effect it? Sorry i would post pictures of it but really not to sure how yet. Any advise would be great for this is my first Reflex Scope.

First thing I would do is take the scope off and make sure the gun hits correctly with iron sights (hopefully it has them). Once you are sure the gun doesn't have a problem then you can troubleshoot the scope.

Here is an apples to oranges problem I have seen but it may cross over into your situation also. I had one of the Beretta Neos pistols in .22 with a Millet red dot on it. When the scope was new it worked perfectly and was accurate. About 3-4 months into owning it I noticed the scope was starting to lose accuracy. After looking into it one of the lens's inside the scope had come loose and you could see an o-ring hanging down between two of the lens's. I sent it in for repair and they said it wasn't assembled correctly and returned it repaired. This cycle repeated every few months until the warranty ran out. Seams that a 22 semi-auto pistol can actually do a fair amount of damage to a cheaply made optic. :wtf:

As a side note, I have seen some of the less expensive scopes that came with the marking reversed for the adjustment. You had to turn them the opposite direction from the print on the knob to get them to go in the correct direction. Don't know if you gave that a try but it couldn't hurt.

Take the scope off and verify the gun good with the iron. If you dont have them, you will need to find a shop that has a laser rifle/pistol bore machine. Or a laser bullet. They are not perfect but will/should get it really close. I am guessing it is the optics.

Yup its the Buck Mark... Cleaned the barrel a couple times yesterday and did not change a thing. Gun shoots great groups just no where near where i am aiming. Not to be dumb but obviosly with my M&P and my Glock they are real easy to take apart... I notice on this one there is only one screw that is where the barrel and lower meet. Is this how it comes apart? Are they designed to come apart for cleaning? Is there a way i can post pictures from my phone to hear? Maybe you guys can see something that i am not?!?!?

Edited by bowdog

The barrel screw and the slide is about all that needs to come off to clean it. The scope is the most likely problem. The two screws in the back will remove the slide(on top) you might have to remove the scope to get at the screws to re move the slide. Hope this helps check out www.rimfirecentral.com they have a good base of info on the buckmark.

My Barska is a piece of crap....I'll never buy another. Shoots quarters at 75 yards for 50 rounds with a AR-15 then does what it wants to and can be two feet off in la la land. It's like a mexican jumping bean. But if your consistent in one spot you should be able to make mount adjustments or maybe your rings are twisted.

Thanks Speedy i went to the website and turns out it is pretty easy to disasemble. Yea GUMP i am not impressed at all with these Barskas... I bought one for my 30-06 that i am going to use for a bear hunt that i am going on in June and it showed up with nicks out of the front of it brand new from the factory and they are telling me 3-4 weeks to replace. Then i bought this gun with a Barska on it and can hit the broad side of a barn at 30 ft. :nono:

Edited by bowdog

Browning actually makes a Reflex scope specifically for the BuckMark... Ironicly its called the browning Buckmark Holograph, It has 4 differant sight selections and says it should be dead on from 25' to 125'. I ordered it from Sportsmans Guide.