AMB 260X transponders - where to buy?

redkow97

WERA wants $415 for them new. That's about as reasonable as I've found, but the WERA used market is totally dry.

I've seen them for $280-$350 used before, and would shell that out in a heartbeat at this point.

Does anyone know what OTHER race orgs use AMB transponders? I'm just looking to find other classifieds to hit up, because there are about 10 "WTB: transponder" threads on the WERA board already...

thanks in advance.

WERA wants $415 for them new. That's about as reasonable as I've found, but the WERA used market is totally dry.

I've seen them for $280-$350 used before, and would shell that out in a heartbeat at this point.

Does anyone know what OTHER race orgs use AMB transponders? I'm just looking to find other classifieds to hit up, because there are about 10 "WTB: transponder" threads on the WERA board already...

thanks in advance.

you can buy mine for a reasonable $325 lol

There is a guy on the Moto Series forum that had one for sale for $300

well I called Wayne last week and he already had a buyer. Same day it was listed.

Still in the market if anyone sees a rechargeable unit in the ~$300 range.

http://ridemerchant.com/classifieds/item/find?query=transponder&category=0&site=&listing_format=1&page=1

this domain searches a bunch of different classifieds. hopefully this helps.

edit: it looks like some of them may be a bit old, but at least another source to help in your search.

yeah, i think I've seen that by accident, but it's definitely a good resource for any part.

At this point, I'm strongly considering just buying new from WERA.

If I can't get one for $300 or damn close to it, the $40 transfer/registration fee suddenly means i'm only getting a 10 or 15% discount for a used item. New just starts making a lot more sense, no matter how much it hurts the old pocket-book.

that is what I was referring to. WERA doesn't require it, but if I want my laps to be listed online under my name, I would have to pay it.

I guess it's something I could do later. More good news is that someone replied to my "WTB" thread last night :D

gotta call the guy at lunch!

well, the Kentucky guy seems legit, and sent me a phone quality picture this morning.

I would be worried about the guy ripping me off, but he just told me, "I can't ship it 'til Wednesday, but just give me your address. Once you make sure it works, send me a check."

Seemed like a straight-shooter on the phone too. I think I just totally fell into a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who may find this months or year later:

WERA has the best price for new transponders at $415. The best I found anywhere else was $430ish.

As far as used, I put up a "WTB" ad on www.weraclassifieds.com and got 2 responses within 48 hours.

I ended up paying $200 shipped for an older unit, but it still holds a charge for 3 days.

I also got an offer for $200 for the new style, and $100 for an old style transponder. I'd already accepted the other seller's $200 price, so I didn't dig into the second guy's products at all.