Texas Mile: 230 mph Hinson Motorsports C6 Z06 Turbo Corvette crash caught on video

Disclaimer

I'm still not quite sure about that myself. The "Update" article mentions a cage, but in that photo -- I don't see a cage, other than what came from the factory. Those A-pillars from the factory are pretty tough. Not roll cage tough, but tough enough for a 200mph crash like that, I suppose.

The "update" article also mentions that Gallardo crash that shitty posted too.

I'm still not quite sure about that myself. The "Update" article mentions a cage, but in that photo -- I don't see a cage, other than what came from the factory. Those A-pillars from the factory are pretty tough. Not roll cage tough, but tough enough for a 200mph crash like that, I suppose.

The "update" article also mentions that Gallardo crash that shitty posted too.

It looks like there might be a 4 point or at least a harness bar

It looks like there might be a 4 point or at least a harness bar

You're probably right, without looking up the Texas Mile rulebook, I'd be surprised if they didn't mandate some form of roll bar/cage to enter.

rb-stsport.jpg

http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/corvette-c5-c6-z06-zr1/corvette-race-gear/roll-cages-bars

Saves a few pounds and a few bucks over a full cage, but at 230mph I probably wouldn't wanna half-ass my safety equipment. Glad it did it's job.

This pic shows the cage:

c5txmile2.jpg

and I think there may be a door cross-brace in the first pic? I don't know. So, maybe they did have more than a 4pt?

Edited by JRMMiii