New member mid-western Ohio

Helmutt

I figured he was, I was just bustin' his chops back.......would you take in a trackday Nick? Be cool if we could get a decent group together and hit MidOhio - or better yet, Nelson or Putnam - I haven't been to either of those tracks yet.

redkow97, after reading some of the trackday posts you've put up here I'm not sure I'd put my 14 up against your 600!! I'm nowhere near CCS or WERA riding capabilities, I just have fun partaking in some laps once in a while and faired lucky once up against a couple 1000's that were about as inexperienced as I.......would be a bad thing to have everyone laughing their asses off at me trying to catch you with more than twice the cc's helpin' me out........hahahaha........Ok, Ok, I'll watch my boasting from now on!! Still would like to have fun at a trackday together, I'm sure I could learn loads from you

I'm not looking to race you, man! I just want to get a front-row seat for what the ZX14 can do in a straight line :D

I'd purposely stay behind you until the keyhole, and then see how big of a gap you pull out before I reel you in on the brakes.

Even if I can get around you (and that's a big if - i'm not that quick), it would be fun to play around for a few laps and see how much of a difference the horsepower really makes.

And there's nothing magical about having a CCS or WERA license that makes someone fast. Being fast is definitely not a requirement to pass the race school... I watched a mock race once where it was 3 riders, and the fastest one was turning mid-pack beginner times... the other two riders could have been timed with a damn sun dial.

Figured you've put in way more than the 25 laps I've managed to accumulate since 2001-- built a trackbike with my Dad back then and planned on getting into ametuer roadracing on a part-time basis, but he died before I ever got the chance to run it - so I gave up on that idea and sold the Yammie, gained a bunch of weight back and havent pursued it anymore other than a couple trackdays with the 14. Guess I just assumed you were a fast guy since you're looking into points racing, but if you're slow like me then we should have a ball!! I dont get real mean in the corners, but I do love blasting the exits!!

bring that bad boy out to the track! i've seen a few busas doing laps in novice, and it is amazing how fast they'll take turns.

I definitely will, I'd like to go up against an xtra-noviced Busa and see how well the big Kaw fairs against 'em

I'm not looking to race you, man! I just want to get a front-row seat for what the ZX14 can do in a straight line :D

I'd purposely stay behind you until the keyhole, and then see how big of a gap you pull out before I reel you in on the brakes.

Even if I can get around you (and that's a big if - i'm not that quick), it would be fun to play around for a few laps and see how much of a difference the horsepower really makes.

And there's nothing magical about having a CCS or WERA license that makes someone fast. Being fast is definitely not a requirement to pass the race school... I watched a mock race once where it was 3 riders, and the fastest one was turning mid-pack beginner times... the other two riders could have been timed with a damn sun dial.

Oh, you'd KILL me in braking but yeah, it'd be fun - I like the keyhole but its my kryptonite when theres traffic, I'm timid in a crowd unless we're straightlining - then I enjoy flickin it outside and twistin' her open....but this bike double-duties as my daily ride, so cant risk rashin' her up - someday I plan on getting another trackbike together and really drop knees at the track......but probably be a senior class rider by the time I can afford it Haaaahaaha

Edited by Hellmutt

There was a guy that I did a track day with back in 2006 that took his gixxer and zx12 and was working the advanced class hard. Was pulling fast times and beating a few of them. It was awesome to see.

Helmutt - I have no plans on a track day anytime soon in the future. Can't swing one and not really interested in it right now. I just like the street more than anything because it's always changing and not the same tarmac.

It's cool to get help from fast guys, they know all the tricks to get your lap times down.........I can respect the fact you don't want to partake in trackdays, it's an expensive hobby that's for sure -- I'm planning on getting a day or 2 in this year, but I can't afford to go every month or anything crazy like that. It's all good, we'll get some seat time together somewhere this year -- you can school me on your favorite backroads!!

It's cool to get help from fast guys, they know all the tricks to get your lap times down.........I can respect the fact you don't want to partake in trackdays, it's an expensive hobby that's for sure -- I'm planning on getting a day or 2 in this year, but I can't afford to go every month or anything crazy like that. It's all good, we'll get some seat time together somewhere this year -- you can school me on your favorite backroads!!

Track is fun, but too much of a hassle for me to want to do it more than the time I did. Plus I don't have the money to be wasting on it. I'm a family man and have better things to spend my hard earned cash on these days. Plus I'm just too busy.

You going to the dyno day?