Forget the Desire or Wildfire... Alltel now getting the HTC "Merge"

Fonzie

Looks like I himhawed too much on that Desire I talked about on here awhile back. Just found out that phone's actually been out for a year+ anyways, & Alltel bought up all HTC's stock that Sprint dumped when they came out w/ the Evo

Alltel managed to be the first in the country to snag the Merge slider Droid 2.2 world phone

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12261_7-20046173-10356022.html

Slightly smaller Snapdragon w/ the 800mhz rather than the 1gb like the Desire had, but they're actually pricing it lower than the Desire, even though sliders+touch seem to usually command a premium.

They just started taking pre-orders this past Monday, with deliveries beginning Thursday. Thinkin' I may jump on this one if I decide to stay w/ Alltel. Need to do some quick homework & see if Sprint can offer us a better family deal for 5 lines. Checked Verizon last year, & was not impressed

P1010179_1_610x458.JPG

Edited by Fonzie

Looks like the EVO shift that I have. The EVO shift has the 800 MHz processor as well, compared to the 1 GHz in the EVO, although many are saying that it performs, and benchmarks better than the EVO. The hardware keyboard looks the same, other than the arrow keys, where the shift has a navigation square thing. Some people are complaining about the battery life, but I get quite a bit of time on a charge, usually a couple days unless I leave 4g turned on.

Alltel is owned by Verizon....? I didn't know Alltel was still operating under the Alltel name? It happened years and years ago? This thread is alll kinds of Cornfusing.

Months back you cannot beat Verizons family plans or Sprints busines plans.

sprint /nextel sucks worse then any... signal strength, customer service, phone insurance scam.... ALL AROUND SUCKDOM...

For some. My experience for the past 10+ years with Sprint has been excellent. Different areas have different coverage with every provider.

sprint /nextel sucks worse then any... signal strength, customer service, phone insurance scam.... ALL AROUND SUCKDOM...

This really surprises me, in a major metro area like cBus

For some. My experience for the past 10+ years with Sprint has been excellent. Different areas have different coverage with every provider.

This would be more my expectation down there, regarding signal strength