Stunting at Iron Pony

Jcarlson

Did you get your house you was looking into? And you will miss not having a bike

yea we are just waiting on it to close, and i already miss having a bike but priorities first.

Tbutera- he said it not me, i can do that stuff from what i seen on a dirt bike(minus cirlce wheelies) but street bikes are too damn expensive its crazy. that guy all he did was stoppies, cirlce wheelies, and hitting the brakes to slide the back end around, nothing to impressive. Jason B all the way

Edited by scottie.harris

yea we are just waiting on it to close, and i already miss having a bike but priorities first.

Tbutera- he said it not me, i can do that stuff from what i seen on a dirt bike(minus cirlce wheelies) but street bikes are too damn expensive its crazy. that guy all he did was stoppies, cirlce wheelies, and hitting the brakes to slide the back end around, nothing to impressive. Jason B all the way

umm....thats what stunting is? he is just as good as jason b

both guys are good enough to be sponsored by the same company, so to say one is unimpressive and the other is great...doesnt really mesh, but to each his own

they look the same here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsQxhQVXxs8

he looks good here too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIOwQ8fOGG8

Edited by Steve Butters

Well, I'm not going to dis them cuz I sure can't do it. Hell, look what I'm riding!! Babe magnet it's not!! LOL!! But, when you have sponsored bikes that are built to the hills and perfectly balanced I guess anything would be easier than on your own stock wheels. This is not to say they don't have skills. They have 4000 times more than I do but I guess I liken it to drifting, skiing, snowboarding, basketball, etc. After a few spins and turns it's all the same. It's like an elephant - nice to look at but you wouldn't want to own one. Or, maybe I just have ADHD?? Who knows for sure?

Stunting in a nutshell - 9 or 10 tricks, done over and over again. Crashing bad, but exciting. "scoring" is subjective.

Road racing in a nutshell - maybe 15 or 16 turns, done over and over again. Crashing bad, but exciting. Scoring completely objective (except penalties).

If I wasn't into track riding, I wouldn't watch racing. I'd still rather ride than watch a race, hands-down. I don't stunt ride, so it doesn't really flip my switch. I admire stunters' ability to control and balance their bikes, and their clutch control is pretty amazing, but it's just "tricks" to me.

I'm not going to bag on stunters any more than I am willing to bag on the hardcore touring guys. Like what you like, and ride how you want.

• 2 weeks later...