Savage 308 Edge

Big Chief201

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on .308. Lots of great loads for that caliber. 30-06 loads are very simular in performance to .308, dont let the longer cartrage fool you. .308 handles higher pressure and the short action rifle is more rigid than the long action. I'd be looking at the Remington 700 over any Savage. Little more money to get into but alot more high end upgrade can be done down the road. My Remington has D.D. Ross bottom metal and a 20 MOA scope mount. Both parts make the rifle more rigid and give you a bit better barrel harmonics. Now If I could only afford a .338 Lapua...

+1 on .308. Lots of great loads for that caliber. 30-06 loads are very simular in performance to .308, dont let the longer cartrage fool you. .308 handles higher pressure and the short action rifle is more rigid than the long action. I'd be looking at the Remington 700 over any Savage. Little more money to get into but alot more high end upgrade can be done down the road. My Remington has D.D. Ross bottom metal and a 20 MOA scope mount. Both parts make the rifle more rigid and give you a bit better barrel harmonics. Now If I could only afford a .338 Lapua...

Shouldn't that last line have been "Now If I could only get out and shoot with the guys from OR at TVP...." ?