Motorcyclist dies in collision with semi

jerben

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 05:09 PM

The Columbus Dispatch

LONDON, Ohio -- A Springfield man died when he crashed his motorcycle in Madison County today.

Police say Brandon Wilt, 20, was eastbound on East High Street near Keny Boulevard in London when a tractor-trailor in front of him slowed to turn into a private drive. Wilt crossed the center line into the westbound lane and lost control of his Suzuki motorcycle and it slid into the semi's trailer.

Wilt was wearing a helmet but died at the scene, London Police Chief David Wiseman said. He said the speed of the motorcycle was a factor in the crash, which occurred at 12:47 p.m.

The Dayton Freight semi was driven by Dennis Dreisbach, 62, . Dreisbach, whose address was not available from police, was not injured.

The crash closed the road for more than an hour.

:(

being a rider as well as former truck driver I hate to see stuff like this at anytime.........God bless both family's, its harder on the riders family, but don't ever think its not hard on that driver......I know because I was directly involved in accident that killed two people.....

Young guy but it sounds like he enjoyed life, you know with the loving sluts and all.

Be safe out there guys, new guys please get someone responsible and experienced to ride with you while you are still learning

• Upvote 1

It's always sad to see a rider killed,but it just makes it worse when they are so young.Prayers will be sent for his family,as well as the truck driver and his family.

It's early in the season and everyone's skills are a little rusty,please keep that in mind for the first few rides.

Rip.

I HATE and LOVE the beginning of riding season. Hate it because cagers aren't looking for bikes, and love it because its good to finally get some mikes on after winter.

But definitely rip to the rider and his family.....way too young.

Let's all learn from this tragedy. You cannot let your situational awareness lapse. It sounds like the rider failed to realize the truck was turning until it required quick evasive action. Unfortunately the rider did execute the skills required to complete the emergency maneuver. Practice to improve your skills.